Topic: MacBook Pro 2017 - focal XS

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new on the pianoteq experience but I think it's marvellous.

Actually, i have a MacBookpro 2017 and a Yamaha P-45 but the problem is that the sound isn't so well in my computer... do you think I should buy a focal XS 2.1 which has a DAC ? Or another one ?
What is your configuration for you MacBook user ?

Moreover, I heard that some people could hear the sound directly in their piano speaker. How do you do that ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: MacBook Pro 2017 - focal XS

To have the sound coming from your keyboard speakers... you should be having an input connector on your keyboard. I don't know if the P-45 has one.

Hi Lucy,
I'm not sure about that.

What about the speaker ? Do you have any advices about good ones ?

Angolerodjo wrote:

Hi Lucy,
I'm not sure about that.

Depend of what you mean by good ones. My opinion about speakers on this board is probably a minority point of view. I don't adhere to the ''get a pro'' speaker... I just have a nice logitec speaker system. I am satisfied by the average stuff, so depend what are your standards.

Lucy wrote:
Angolerodjo wrote:

Hi Lucy,
I'm not sure about that.

Depend of what you mean by good ones. My opinion about speakers on this board is probably a minority point of view. I don't adhere to the ''get a pro'' speaker... I just have a nice logitec speaker system. I am satisfied by the average stuff, so depend what are your standards.

Thanks Lucy for the advices. I'm going to try to buy a decent speaker!