Topic: Keyscape from Spectrasonics - serious competitor to Pianoteq?

I heard of Keyscape from spectrasonics showing up on the scene.
Although entirely based on samples (appr. 80 GB) it addresses the same audience as pianoteq.
A lot of different keyboards from Rhodes to Grand.
The demos are sounding impressively good.

Any further experiences in the forum?

Re: Keyscape from Spectrasonics - serious competitor to Pianoteq?

It is similar, in a sense, to Ravenscroft 275, a high res piano sample but Keyscape includes additional keyboards and all very nicely done.  I listened to it and it is very nice.  I always say that Pianoteq is to sampling what Photoshop is to Etch-A-Sketch.  Well, these sample sets are a little closer to Photoshop quality but still do not have the level of editing capability of Pianoteq.  I have not checked to see the size.

Lanny

About 77 gig total and about 15 gig for the C7 grand.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

64 voices polyphony max ? And top high end PC to handle that with little cracks and pops ? The guy from video play it with 16 voices. Obviously, this piano from bundle is not for serious solo playing. Just warning for anyone who wants to order this.

Last edited by slobajudge (16-09-2016 16:45)

A lot to spend if you can’t try it in demo mode first. Just can’t waste that kind of money to find out if I like it or not.

I think I'd hold off on Keyscape for a little while to see the reviews etc. Spectrasonics seem to make a good product - I have Omnisphere. But I have noticed it's very resource hungry.