Topic: Play along to music using Pianoteq

I would appreciate information on how to play along to music using Pianoteq.
At present I need to close of a particular piece on my screen and then load Pianoteq to get sound.
I hope this makes sense

Re: Play along to music using Pianoteq

I do this all the time, often using YouTube when learning a new song or trying to improve my skills on an old song. I also use MP3's and sometimes slow the music down using "Transcribe!". I also often play with "Band in a Box" especially if I'm trying to improve my improv skills.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I've been doing this without much thought and without any problem, which begs the question, why isn't this working for you? Could you please supply us with more information about your actual hardware and software setup, how you're trying to play the music, what your expectations are, and precisely what problems you're having?

If you are using Windows then it is probably related to ASIO (I am not familiar with W10 but I think it has new sound capabilities).  Certainly on W7 you cannot have two applications using ASIO at the same time.  You will want PTQ to use ASIO because of the low latency, but Youtube or your mp3 player will need to use a different sound driver to use them at the same time as PTQ.

Thank you for the replies.
I had been using just the W8 line out to speaker and so I changed to my C Media sound card which wouldn't allow me to activate ASIO.
I was however able to hear both keyboard and music from a CD, but of course at different volume levels which was worse than useless when trying to match them up. I have decide to go back to ASIO and line out to speakers and just do as I was before, i.e. use my old mini tape recorder with head phones.
Thanking both of you for your kind replies
Jim