Topic: Is my computer strong enough for pianoteq?

Intel i5-4440 3.10GHz
16G RAM memory
Asus stx Essence ii sound card

I don't know why I had to install ASIO4ALL, my sound card supposed to support ASIO.

And I didn't manage to define Pianoteq on less than 384 samples, maybe my computer not strong enough and maybe I don't know how to define pianoteq's setup.
And I think I feel some delay between the time a press the keys and the time I hear the sound, but I'm not sure about that, probably minor delay but it's still bugging me...

Re: Is my computer strong enough for pianoteq?

Yes, very good as far as CPU and RAM goes!

You should definitely get a proper quality (not "gaming") audio interface, though. So, no Asus or whatever else is there. Check out Focusrite and Presonus for starters.

Last edited by EvilDragon (23-05-2016 16:29)
Hard work and guts!

Re: Is my computer strong enough for pianoteq?

It's been a long time since I used windows with pianoteq last time, but I used to play through an USB sound card, and when installed, there was a control panel that let me change between ASIO and the default MS Windows sound mode (I don't remember the name). So perhaps you have to install the drivers properly or look for the sound card settings.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11