Topic: Ruckers II Harpsichord

My MIDI keyboard (a StudioLogic SL88 Grand) allows for four foot switches/pedals, two simple on/off switches, and two continuous foot controllers (full-range, 0-127 MIDI values). I plugged one "latching" footswitch (one press and it stays on, another press and it releases or turns off) in one of the simple footswitch jacks to use as the buff pedal controller on the Ruckers II, and I have configured Pianoteq to respond to any movement of the 3 manual control sticks on the keyboard to switch between three favorite harpsichord manuals/combinations (L8', L8' + U8', U8' + 4') and playing this harpsichord is very enjoyable and fulfilling.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (11-05-2016 02:21)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: Ruckers II Harpsichord

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

My MIDI keyboard (a StudioLogic SL88 Grand) allows for four foot switches/pedals, two simple on/off switches, and two continuous foot controllers (full-range, 0-127 MIDI values). I plugged one "latching" footswitch (one press and it stays on, another press and it releases or turns off) in one of the simple footswitch jacks to use as the buff pedal controller on the Ruckers II, and I have configured Pianoteq to respond to any movement of the 3 manual control sticks on the keyboard to switch between three favorite harpsichord manuals/combinations (L8', L8' + U8', U8' + 4') and playing this harpsichord is very enjoyable and fulfilling.

That is totally cool.  I love the instrument, I changed the brightness of the treble by shaping the volume in the note edit section.  It is a really cool instrument.  Playing on it will improve your Bach playing as it's more unforgiving as compared to a "grand" piano.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway