Topic: A Bug or my ears (frequency perception of notes) are kidding me ?

I have some skill to notes, sometimes close to perfect pitch in good days.

But minutes ago I openned pianoteq and tried the H. Rucker II Harpchord, in 100 magnification, after fast changed from Bluthner to Rocker, and the E sounded like D#, and C sounded like B, when played with the mouse cursor. I looked temperamento and it was right, equal.

I imagined my ears was strange, in a bad day, and so tried Bluthner, and the sound got correct. I got back to Rucker, and the pitch difference was there again, C sounding like B.  I changed magnification to 75% and tried Rucker, and the sound ok, but when went to Bluthner the problem got reversed, now Blutner was sounding transposed.

Are my ears crazy, or my PC is crazy, or it's a real bug ?

Last edited by Beto-Music (25-04-2016 19:56)

Re: A Bug or my ears (frequency perception of notes) are kidding me ?

The Rucker's default diapason is 415 Hz not 440...a halftone lower.

Doesn't happen over here...

Hard work and guts!

Somebody reported once his keyboard was sending erroneous pitch bend MIDI messages. Check the received messages in Options -> MIDI.

I tried using the mouse to play the virtual keyboard.

Now I'm almost sure that was just silliness of me, that I forgot to look at the diapason frequency, that was 415hz (thanks to Gilles to spot that).

Philippe Guillaume wrote:

Somebody reported once his keyboard was sending erroneous pitch bend MIDI messages. Check the received messages in Options -> MIDI.