Topic: Controlling the Ruckers registers

Hello,

is it possible to engage/disengage the registers of the Ruckers model via MIDI? If so, how?

Regards,
Patrick

Re: Controlling the Ruckers registers

Right click the register tabs and you can MIDI learn their volume.

Hard work and guts!

You can also ctrl-click on the registers buttons, this will trigger the MIDI-learn feature for them. In the next update we will also make sure that they appear in the list of available parameters in the options / midimappings window -- they should have been there, it's a bug.

Here is my previous post that I deleted when noticing the absence of the Register parameters:

You can do it as I did for the Rameau demo: Define in the MIDI Option panel the arbitrary unused controllers 111 112 and 113 for respectively Harpsichord Register 1 2 and 3 and insert them in the MIDI file in appropriate places with a DAW, using a value 0 for off and 127 for on. Same for predefined controller 69 if you want to use the Buff stop pedal.

EDIT: A simple trick to see the missing Register values is assigning them to a keyboard note using MIDI learn. The name then appears in Options/MIDI and a controller code can be substituted to the assigned note.

Last edited by Gilles (17-04-2016 16:28)

How do you get the muted effect using the display and a mouse?

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

I'm wondering about how to set up two midi keyboards,  like a two manual harpsichord, and have each separate keyboard play a different register, or combination of registers….like a true two manual harpsichord.  Is this possible?  If so, how do I do it?   And if not, will it be possible soon?

Just looking for a great harpsichord experience, and this is very close.

Thanks and Kudos for this wonderful instrument.

fredbuck1 wrote:

I'm wondering about how to set up two midi keyboards,  like a two manual harpsichord, and have each separate keyboard play a different register, or combination of registers….like a true two manual harpsichord.  Is this possible?

Yes, very possible.  You need to play PianoTeq inside of a DAW Host, so you can play two instances of PianoTeq simultaneously.  Then (using the Host to set this up properly) send the MIDI Output from each Manual to a different PianoTeq.  Then, within each PianoTeq, choose the Registration you want.

A typical solution uses the Upper Manual to play the Upper 8' Registration, with or without the Buff Stop, and the Lower Manual to play any contrasting Registration of your choice.

Then you can play the Sample Set just like you would play a real acoustic Harpsichord!

OrganoPleno wrote:
fredbuck1 wrote:

I'm wondering about how to set up two midi keyboards,  like a two manual harpsichord, and have each separate keyboard play a different register, or combination of registers….like a true two manual harpsichord.  Is this possible?

Yes, very possible.  You need to play PianoTeq inside of a DAW Host, so you can play two instances of PianoTeq simultaneously.

But Fred asked "...like a true two manual harpsichord", which means one cabinet and one set of mechanisms.

It would require (minimally) for the two manuals to be identified with different registers, and the only simple (but technically perfectly adequate) way I see to do this is for the registers to receive MIDI data on different MIDI channels. This is hardly a monumental programming problem but it does depend on the harpsichord model being enabled for multiple registers - in other words, that the initial conditions of a MIDI note-on from one manual are appropriately determined by the operating parameters of the model at that instant possibly caused by the sounding of note(s) from a different manual.

A very nice modelled harpsichord .

But Modartt forgot one detail...

There isn't one single Bach's music in the mp3 samples.

Please, we can't let Bach rolling in his grave.

:-)

Last edited by Beto-Music (19-04-2016 21:27)

Beto-Music wrote:

The isn't one single Bach's music in the mp3 samples.

Perhaps it was so customers would react like me to the demos: "Quick, where is my score of the Goldberg Variations - I must try this!".  The other J.S. piece that sprung to mind was the cadenza from Brandenburg 5.