Topic: Suggestion: 'Rescale' type control over EQ curve (vote)

I often find that I've overdone a particular EQ curve, but I quite like its shape.  I would like to be able to 'Rescale' it (like the Rescale control in the Note Editor) so I can gradually reduce its influence (or even increase it) without changing its shape.

(that same EQ curve scaling is actually possible in Voxengo's GlissEQ plugin and comes in handy)

Useful?  Vote!

Re: Suggestion: 'Rescale' type control over EQ curve (vote)

I would like to be able to make incremental changes to an EQ curve with the up, down, left, and right arrows. It's hard for me with the mouse to make tiny changes.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

I can understand what beakybird is suggesting, allowing the arrow keys to nudge the selected points (dots in the EQ window) right/left/up/down, but I don't understand what ReBased is imagining or requesting: how would a rescale of the equalization curve (or lines) work? Would it increase or decrease the decibel value over the entire range of the EQ curve/lines, from bass to treble, or would it increase any values above 0 decibels and decrease any values below 0 decibels, by a factor determined by exactly how far above or below 0 decibels any particular point is?

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

BTW I agree that arrow key fine control of parameters and curve control points would be very useful.

Photoshop implements that all over it's GUI, also with its own curves widget (I'd be lost without it).  With curves you right-click a control point to select it (right-click so you don't accidentally change it), and then can use the arrow keys to step it in all directions.  And with all text value parameters you can use the arrow up/down keys to step the value one unit at a time.

Super useful and especially crucial for accurate curve control.  I'd like to see this implemented all over PT's GUI, including in the velocity curve which is also tricky to adjust accurately (a single pixel step can make all the difference).

Last edited by ReBased (18-03-2016 20:56)