Topic: Model B Grand Piano

Good morning, the Model B Grand Piano is free for users of Pianoteq Pro 5? I upgraded to v. 5.5.1 but it is still Demo. I have to buy it separately or part of this update?
Thank you!

Re: Model B Grand Piano

You should buy it separately. Only D4 and K2 you can get for free after buying Pianoteq.

Combine velocity curves: http://output.jsbin.com/cukeme/9

Thanks so much. I proceeded to buy it

Sorry for the tardy reply after you already purchased, but if you're into electro-acoustic pianos (like the Rhodes), getting Pianoteq + Electric Piano R2/W1 default package (instead of D4+K2) and the Model B (+ all the free add-on instruments) is the least expensive and most versatile package. The Stage version Electric is especially good value in combo with the model B, because the model B is fantastic out-of-the-box without any tweaks (as is the R2).

But either which way, do get all the free add-ons and have a go at the free "legacy" instruments as well (in the user area).

Last edited by SteveLy (08-03-2016 09:47)
3/2 = 5

I gladly confirm SteveLy's advice. If you still have to get Pianoteq, select the Electric Pianos option, which not only gets you the R2/W1 duo but also the Hohner bundle all included. Next, you can purchase the Model B as an add-on.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

@Fleer, I did not realise the Hohners are included as well. That's a great package indeed.

Also, if you're not 100% happy or change your mind about something soon after purchase, contact Ptq support; they are extremely good and will sort you out - you're dealing with a handful of dedicated individuals here not a big faceless company with many layers of admin.

3/2 = 5

+1
Pianoteq support is top notch.

Last edited by Fleer (08-03-2016 16:45)
Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

SteveLy wrote:

Sorry for the tardy reply after you already purchased, but if you're into electro-acoustic pianos (like the Rhodes), getting Pianoteq + Electric Piano R2/W1 default package (instead of D4+K2) and the Model B (+ all the free add-on instruments) is the least expensive and most versatile package. The Stage version Electric is especially good value in combo with the model B, because the model B is fantastic out-of-the-box without any tweaks (as is the R2).

But either which way, do get all the free add-ons and have a go at the free "legacy" instruments as well (in the user area).

I actually wish I had done this, I found I used nearly only the D4 - the K2 doesn't seem to ever inspire me when playing once I bought pianoteq, I have then bought the honer collection and currently still lust after the R2/W1. Although I also find that the Celesta very desirable -- decisions :-0

rAC wrote:
SteveLy wrote:

I actually wish I had done this, I found I used nearly only the D4 - the K2 doesn't seem to ever inspire me when playing once I bought pianoteq, I have then bought the honer collection and currently still lust after the R2/W1. Although I also find that the Celesta very desirable -- decisions :-0

Me three.  But back then (at my purchase time), the electric piano package was more limited.  It's a nicer deal now to pick up R2/W1+Hohner as your base and then grab an acoustic instrument as you can get enough of a variety with the KiVIR+Legacy acoustics.  I find myself using the KiVIR Erard way more often than the K2.

Mossy wrote:

Me three.  But back then (at my purchase time), the electric piano package was more limited.  It's a nicer deal now to pick up R2/W1+Hohner as your base and then grab an acoustic instrument as you can get enough of a variety with the KiVIR+Legacy acoustics.  I find myself using the KiVIR Erard way more often than the K2.

Funnily enough I find I also go to the Erard a lot.

Speaking of Erard, there is an FXP for the 1849 Erard, part of the Kremsegg Collection #1, called "1849 Erard - 443 Hummel2 - La sc" recently uploaded that sounds absolutely exquisite and makes me want to buy this instrument. This FXP creates a completely distinct character, and has a timbre and unique tuning that is mesmerizing. WOW. It has overtones even more beautiful than the Model B that I also recently purchased, but the B is all around, and this FXP is for ballads and classical IMO.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

Speaking of Erard, there is an FXP for the 1849 Erard, part of the Kremsegg Collection #1, called "1849 Erard - 443 Hummel2 - La sc" recently uploaded that sounds absolutely exquisite and makes me want to buy this instrument. This FXP creates a completely distinct character, and has a timbre and unique tuning that is mesmerizing. WOW. It has overtones even more beautiful than the Model B that I also recently purchased, but the B is all around, and this FXP is for ballads and classical IMO.

Exquisite preset indeed, thank you for pointing out.  It would deserve an audio demo . I just listened to Clementi (I uploaded the MIDI file http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...r_Park.mid) and it sounded beautiful. The only thing is that the reverb is missing (because of using an external wav file) so it must be replaced by another one.

Some of the reverbs for all these beautiful Kremsegg fxp by user _DJ_ seem to come from this collection: http://www.voxengo.com/files/impulses/
The Scala Milan Opera Hall reverb is in IMreverbs3.rar

Others are available here: http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i...responses/

Last edited by Gilles (11-03-2016 17:11)

Philippe Guillaume wrote:

Exquisite preset indeed, thank you for pointing out.  It would deserve an audio demo . I just listened to Clementi (I uploaded the MIDI file http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...r_Park.mid) and it sounded beautiful. The only thing is that the reverb is missing (because of using an external wav file) so it must be replaced by another one.

thanks for the kind words, all!

Gilles has it right with the links for the reverb wave impulses (above).  "small wood room" and "large wood room" tend to be my go-to's for daily work (trying to boost sense of cabinet resonance), but the others like la scala, amsterdam, berlin, musikverein, etc all make for great listening. 

@Philippe: that's a lovely performance of the Clementi, though i think i prefer it on the Broadwood rather than the 1849 Erard...

1796 Broadwood, A=424 Stanhope (1801), 18th century salon waveform.

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads.p...ark_ii.mp3

Last edited by _DJ_ (03-05-2018 01:52)
Matthieu 7:6

For some reason I can't play those MP3 examples from FXP corner (nor download any FXPs). Says permission error... Anyone else getting that?

Hard work and guts!