Topic: recommend me VST software for other sounds

Hey guys so, I have my yamaha clp454 which comes with a few sounds, not that very many, and I have Pianoteq for all my Piano sound needs, but I was wondering, do you guys have any recommended VST software to run through midi (just like pianoteq) for having a big library of sounds, like wind instruments and drum kits and all sorts?

Thanks!

Re: recommend me VST software for other sounds

It sounds like you might want a "rompler". Others have asked about these, for example:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404349

However if you want better quality (rather than quantity), then you'll likely need separate VSTs for each instrument/category: brass, strings, guitars, etc.

Hello,

If you want a vsti like a workstation :
- Halion Sonic 2 from Steinberg or Sampletank 3 from IK Multimedia
(I prefer Halion Sonic)

If you want a rompler open to a lot of sounds :
-Kontakt from Native Instrument

If you want a very good rompler less cost than Kontakt :
- Independence from Magix

If you want a very good bundle with synthetisers, rompler, EP piano, drums :
- Expansion Pack From Air Music Technology (often in promo in Pluginboutique)

If you want a vsti like a arranger hardware :
- vArranger2 from... vArranger (a french software and the better virtual arranger of the world)

Last edited by Lylo (24-12-2015 12:34)

For high quality, relatively low cost orchestral instruments, try Garritan Personal Orchestra and/or Garritan Instant Orchestra. These can be executed stand-alone or as VST instruments in a DAW but be aware that you have to configure them properly and use MIDI controllers and such in order to use them effectively. I have used GPO for quite a while and find it excellent but I have no connection to the company (MakeMusic) that markets them.