Topic: 1/4'' to xlr cable missing in pianoteq setup

Hello, i've got a this audio interface box

http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/me...backsl.jpg

and this speaker

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/closeu...M_back.jpg

but i don't have the 1/4'' to xlr cable, and i don't where to plug it in. i'm also not sure which end should be male or female. is this the right cable?

http://media.cabletrain.com/catalog/pro..._3_1_6.jpg

Re: 1/4'' to xlr cable missing in pianoteq setup

Hello Vantz,

Looking closer at the photo of the powered JBL speaker, the XLR input is female (therefore, accepts a male XLR), and the XLR output is male.  This is based upon zooming into the photo you provided in this thread.  Assuming you wish to plug into the powered speaker, your 1/4" to XLR should be terminated in a male XLR cable, so as to be accepted by the female input XLR receptacle.  By the way, that particular receptacle will also accept another 1/4" input cable.

If you have any questions, whatsoever, do call Sweetwater;  they specialize in personalized service and would be glad to discuss your cable decision with you.

EDIT -- CORRECTION REQUIRED
I stand corrected; olepro is right in his subsequent response dated 09JAN2012 that the M-Audio features a line-level output rather than a 1/4" jack type output (that I had quoted from you in my original response -- without checking that the M-Audio photo you had supplied indeed only furnished line-level outputs).

Many thanks to olepro, as well.

Cheers,

Joe

Last edited by jcfelice88keys (09-01-2012 19:30)

I can see that your interface has PHONO out.
It seems that the XLR input on your speaker can allso accept JACK input (in the center of the XLR input)
So i would say you need this cable.
PunBB bbcode test

olepro wrote:

It seems that the XLR input on your speaker can allso accept JACK input (in the center of the XLR input)

Hello Vantz,

I stand corrected; olepro is right in that the M-Audio features a line-level output rather than a 1/4" jack type output (that I had quoted from you in my original response -- without checking the photo you had supplied).  I shall edit my original response, such that they are consistent with each other.

Many thanks to olepro, as well.

Cheers,

Joe

Last edited by jcfelice88keys (09-01-2012 19:20)

olepro wrote:

PunBB bbcode test

I got a Behringer UCA202 to replace an older compact audio interface that developed a mysterious refusal to connect properly, and discovered that its inputs AND outputs were female RCA connectors (at least that's what I call them, I'm old school). So this (the connector depicted) x2 is just what i need to connect to my Behringer Keyboard amp. Now I have to go find one; it's easy to find them online, but these aren't the most common items in the world at retail.

Amateur Standalone PTQ user; interests classical music, especially Bach and Mozart, and historic keyboards