Topic: Problem with ghost notes

Hi! I recently bought a Arturia KeyLab88 MIDI controller, and Pianoteq followed in the box.
My problem is that when I use my sustain pedal, ghost notes sometimes appear (too often for the piano to be playable). The ghost notes are the same notes as I play, but at the top of the velocity range.
So if I play let's say a C note very soft, the same note will sound but at max vetocity. This happens like every 100 notes I play, on average. Sometimes more, and sometimes less often.
This ONLY happens when I use the sustain pedal.

I have no idea of what I'm gonna do. Please help me!

Last edited by Frekkadent (27-10-2015 19:11)

Re: Problem with ghost notes

Sounds like a hardware issue on Keylab. Get it replaced under warranty.

Hard work and guts!

Frekkadent wrote:

Hi! I recently bought a Arturia KeyLab88 MIDI controller, and Pianoteq followed in the box.
My problem is that when I use my sustain pedal, ghost notes sometimes appear (too often for the piano to be playable). The ghost notes are the same notes as I play, but at the top of the velocity range.
So if I play let's say a C note very soft, the same note will sound but at max vetocity. This happens like every 100 notes I play, on average. Sometimes more, and sometimes less often.
This ONLY happens when I use the sustain pedal.

I have no idea of what I'm gonna do. Please help me!

How are you connecting your keyboard to your pc? I used to have a midi/usb interface so bad that every time I pressed one key, 10 of them were played in pianoteq, and I depressed the damper pedal, the same thing happened. I just threw it in the trash and got a better interface and problem solved. you could check that before you sent your keyboard for replacement.

I had the same or very similar problem and it turned out to be the MIDI-to-USB interface (cheap cable off ebay). Bought a second almost identical looking MIDI-to-USB cable from a local music store and that is working fine.

3/2 = 5