Topic: Setting up Pianoteq 5 for use in Sibelius 7.5 as VST?

Hi,

My first post, loving Pianoteq 5. I just got Sibelius 7.5 (Win 7. although I'll be moving to Mac very soon.)

My issue is that I can't get Sibelius to "See" Pianoteq as a Plugin. I have made sure that Sibelius and Pianoteq are both 64bit, as is my OS (win 7).
When I go into configuration, I point it to the Steinberg/VST folder, rescan, and then restart Sibelius, but it only plays with the Sibelius sounds. I'm pulling my hair out and hoping someone can help me.....
Thanks so much,
Edward

Re: Setting up Pianoteq 5 for use in Sibelius 7.5 as VST?

Anyone??? I still haven't been able to resolve this......

I am a Linux user and have never used Sibelius.  However, based on what you wrote, I wonder if you pointed Sibelius to the right place?  On my computer, everything associated with Pianoteq is in the directory I made for Pianoteq.  Could this be what happened on your computer?  That may not be it, but it was all I could think of based on what you wrote.

Hello

I'm using Sibelius 6.2 (32 bit) on Windows 7 and can access my Pianoteq plugin, so hopefully the process is the same for Sibelius 7.5.

The pianoteq5.dll file must be copied to the VSTPlugins folder in the Sibelius Software folder. If it is only in the normal Steinberg VST folder, then Sib can't "see" it. At least that's how it works with Sib 6.2.

So on my computer the file path looks like this C Drive > Program Files > Sibelius Software > VSTPlugins.

If you copy your pianoteq5.dll file to the plugins folder, then you should now be able to select it.

Best of luck!

Hi ,

Thanks for your responses. I'm using the 64bit version of Pianoteq 5. In windows 7 (64bit) I do not have a "Sibelius" folder. I do have an Avid Folder, and inside that folder is "Sibelius 7.5". There is no VST folder in the Sibelius folder. I have placed the Pianoteq 5 64.dll into the Sibelius folder, I have rescanned, restarted, and still nothing. It's very confusing, and I can't seem to get Sibelius tech support to help me, they want $30 for a one time call, which seems extortion to me!
Thanks,
Edward

I installed my trial Sib 7.1.3 on my Win 7 computer and in the C Drive program files, it installed a folder called Sibelius 7 and underneath it a folder called VSTPlugins.

When I copied the Pianoteq 64 bit dll file to the VSTPlugins folder and started Sibelius it scanned and found Pianoteq.

If you don't have this folder, just create a new folder and call it VSTPlugins then copy the pianoteq dll file to it and you should be good to go.

Maybe the latest version of Sib is set up differently but it should work. If it doesn't, your best option is to post in the Sib forum, someone there will probably have some info to help solve the problem.

Best of luck