Topic: Feature request: Pads. Pretty please

I think it's time!  Ivory has it. As do many other piano plug-ins.

For those of us doing Pop, Worship, Jazz, R&B, etc.  A simple layered synth pad option built in, would be incredibly useful and oh so appreciated.

Please: Give us a basic (modeled) waveform (even a naked sine wave would be cool) a filter, an ADSR, a little chorus, and we're good to go.

I've been a dedicated Pianoteq user since Version one.  Also use Ivory, and several Kontakt piano libraries as well.   Have recorded extensively with Pianoteq.  I typically layer up another synth or plug to achieve the classic piano-pad combination sound.

I'm impressed and love V5... enough that I'm using it about 90% exclusively now, even in exposed settings and live with Mainstage.

Yes, I know we could create a separate instance of the plugin , and/or use other synths.  But a layered pad readily available would make P5 formidable.   

Anyone else agree?
Thank you.
C

Last edited by Chris Corso (02-10-2015 21:41)

Re: Feature request: Pads. Pretty please

Chris Corso wrote:

Anyone else agree?

Personally, no, I don't agree. I just use other synths layered in my DAW. Easy as pie.

Hard work and guts!

Chris Corso wrote:

Anyone else agree?

I don't.

formerly known as Notyetconvinced

Chris Corso wrote:

Anyone else agree?
Thank you.
C

Sorry, but no here too. I think main thing is still make the piano model more accurate.

Last edited by Ecaroh (03-10-2015 17:29)

There are zillions of good sounding synth VSTi plugins out there, both free and commercial.
I don't see any reason to add anything like that to Pianoteq.

I would be for it.  I would like some really smooth velocity cross faded strings to go along with the piano.  Obviously this exists with other synths, but I don't presently have them.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

Hmm? Linux may be short on samplers and VST support, but is surely has a lot of soft synth. What is the problem? Just start Bristol or Yoshimi in parallel, and send pads from your keyboard there. I agree that it seems nice to have everything in one app with single interface, but remember the Nero 7.

F

Chris Corso wrote:

I'm impressed and love V5... enough that I'm using it about 90% exclusively now, even in exposed settings and live with Mainstage.

C

Do You use Pianoteq in Mainstage?
I've tried that in Mainstage 2 and then I had some problems because, of some reason, the CPU load was very heavy when using a 3:rd part plug-in like Pianoteq. The built in instrument was no problem and Pianoteq was no problem either in stand alone or in Logic, but the combination Pianoteq and Mainstage 2 didn't get along very well (Mainstage 1 was no problem, if I remember correct...).

How is Mainstage 3 with Pianoteq? Is it worth upgrading? So I can use Mainstage as gigging unit again? (Now I use Logic Pro if I want more sounds than just Piano...)