Topic: New Pianoteq Hohner Pianet N with Pianoteq 5.4.0

Yes! The Hohner Collection has been updated with the newly-added Pianet N.

https://www.pianoteq.com/hohner_collection

It's got that "sticky pad" attack and it's brighter and more focused than the Pianet T.

And not least, they've added a Fuzz Box effect, for all of us Tony Banks and Genesis fans.

Beatles, Zombies, King Crimson.

I'm just beginning to play around with it.

http://www.gearjunkies.com/2015/10/moda...-pianoteq/

Last edited by Wheat Williams (01-10-2015 13:11)
Dayton, Ohio, United States of America
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave • Apple MacBook Pro (2017), no Touch Bar • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 2 core • 8GB RAM

Re: New Pianoteq Hohner Pianet N with Pianoteq 5.4.0

Here's the previous discussion thread from April 2015 where I and several others discussed why we would like a Pianet N model.

http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=3868

Thank you, Modartt.

Dayton, Ohio, United States of America
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave • Apple MacBook Pro (2017), no Touch Bar • 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 2 core • 8GB RAM

My Pianet N was one of the two machines that we sampled to create this model,
I think the result sounds wonderful.
(Frankly, Modartt's version, objectively, sounds better than my real and rather flawed machine!!)

Congratulations and thanks to the Modartt team for such a great job! :-D

This indeed excellent news, HOWEVER, I'm puzzled. This is the sound I was expecting, and I just don't hear it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-H3M-kzIk

What's going on?

Greg.

I can hear the "bite" in one of the demo songs that I was looking for - will download the latest version of V5 later and have a tinker.

Anyway, not as different from original as Rhodes...

Barafu wrote:

Anyway, not as different from original as Rhodes...

I agree. Let's hope the Rhodes and Wurlitzer get some attention again as well. It's about noises and release, not so much the timbre. I use and like them anyway. I completely understand the current prioritization of Hohner due to the authorization to use the brand name. Plus, these sounds are rare.

formerly known as Notyetconvinced

Having now played the N, YES - that sounds exactly like I was expecting/hoping it to sound. ;^) Phew.

I have no idea what is going on with some of those P De Ridder demos, but it doesn't matter.

Greg.

skip wrote:

This indeed excellent news, HOWEVER, I'm puzzled. This is the sound I was expecting, and I just don't hear it yet

What's going on?

Greg.

In that video, the sound is coming from a mic on the video cam. You can actually hear the clack of the guy's fingers against the plastic keys, as well as the sound coming out of the Line oUt socket on the back of the Pianet. The guy may well be feeding his Pianet N into an amp before we are hearing it, too.
Pianoteq's version only models the line-out . As you would expect.

I have played my Pianet N with one hand and Pianoteq with the other, feeding the same set of headphones and really they are barely distinguishable (other than my Pianet has more dodgy reeds. You can make Pianoteq more dodgy in note edit, of course)

feline1: I don't know whether you saw my previous post, but I've already said that when I actually play Pianoteq, it does indeed sound exactly like I was expecting. (and exactly like it does in the video I posted). 

I think I know what my problem is - in the demo songs "Trossigen" and "Pianet Income", softly played notes sound to me much more like a Rhodes than a Pianet. (and it sounds more like a soft hammer hitting a tine, than reeds being plucked)   If I listen for long enough, forte playing occurs, and then I can hear the Pianet character.  ;^)

Greg.

I don't know how I managed to miss the announcement about v5.4 until now, but, as someone who really wanted to see the Pianet N included, I am absolutely delighted! (and, I agree, great job done there! )

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)