Topic: Standalone VST player to run Pianteq

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone on here can help with a recommendation. I'd like to use Pianteq along with my Kawai MP7, but without going through my laptop. I've heard that MuseReceptor is compatible, but that's well out of my price range. Are there any reasonably priced alternative standalone VST players (not sure if that's even the correct term - please correct me if I'm wrong) that would run Pianoteq? (I'm in the UK by the way). I don't need amplification as I have a set of M-Audio BX5 powered speakers.

Many thanks for your help,
Martyn

Re: Standalone VST player to run Pianteq

Receptor is pretty much the only thing that does it. There's V-Machine (discontinued now) but it's horribly underpowered, so no go.

You're honestly best left with a laptop... Or, a tablet running Windows, like Surface Pro - that would be the most portable solution (since there's no iOS version of Pianoteq, and Pianoteq's Linux version doesn't work on Android).

Last edited by EvilDragon (01-08-2015 17:21)
Hard work and guts!

Hi

Thanks very much for your advice. I guess I can probably pick up a decent laptop for a lot less than anyway. Any advice on physical specs for one, over and above the Pianoteq recommendations would be gratefully received as I'd rather get it right first time?

Many thanks
Martyn

You'll be fine with even today's i3 CPUs for the most part. Make sure you get at least 2 GHz chip for comfortable polyphony. i5 if you want to have absolutely no worries, but it all depends on your budget. Absolutely don't go below 4 GB of RAM (even though Pianoteq doesn't really need a lot of RAM, it's good for the system in general).

Hard work and guts!