Topic: Help with Performance Issues

I have a 5th gen Intel Core i7 and I'm using a Komplete Audio 6 USB audio interface. I can only manage a performance rating of 23 with 48 note polyphony and 48kHz sample rate. This doesn't make sense to me. What could I be doing wrong?

Re: Help with Performance Issues

mrtomaino wrote:

I have a 5th gen Intel Core i7 and I'm using a Komplete Audio 6 USB audio interface. I can only manage a performance rating of 23 with 48 note polyphony and 48kHz sample rate. This doesn't make sense to me. What could I be doing wrong?

Hi mrtomaino,

There are lots of things that could impact performance, but I would start to make sure that your CPU doesn't throttle down (you could create a power plan to make music that keeps the CPU at 100%).

mfiadeiro wrote:
mrtomaino wrote:

Hi mrtomaino,

There are lots of things that could impact performance, but I would start to make sure that your CPU doesn't throttle down (you could create a power plan to make music that keeps the CPU at 100%).

Thanks for the response. I guess I can turn up the minimum processor state. Right now my standard power setting has minimum CPU 5% and maximum 100%. Are you suggesting I turn up the minimum to 100%? I am running Windows 8.1 btw.

Yes, turn up the minimum to 100%. Also disable core parking (google it) and SpeedStep.

Hard work and guts!

FWIW - I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 running a Core i5 fifth generation & 6 Gigs of RAM with Linux Mint Mate 17.2 as the OS; and I haven't noticed any performance issues at all.    Processor load never goes much above 25% with Pianoteq.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway