Topic: High F Natural overtone on some notes...

Hi,

I've just started working with Pianoteq 5 Standard and love it so far. But I'm noticing a ring-like high F natural  overtone (I think that's what it's called) when I play some low and middle notes. It's the next to highest F on 88-keys. I especially hear it when I play a low F#42 and C#49 (perfect fifth). But I also hear it with a few other notes played. I particularly noticed it on the Bluthner but I also hear it on the D4.

It always seems to be that high F that comes out and it hangs for around 1-1.5 seconds. This kind of distracting sound really comes through when playing soft piano music; I'm tackling Erik Satie's Sarabande No. 1 right now which can't allow for that type of ringing effect.

I'm pretty sure I've tried all the parameters but it doesn't seem to fix it...

Since I only have the Standard version, could this be fixed in the Pro version with its individual-note editing? If so, which parameter would fix it?

- rs.

Re: High F Natural overtone on some notes...

PLS look at the post "background sounds electronic"..........

I think, you are pointing to the same  effect that I described. I even went so far, that i sent some sound examples to Pianoteq for analysing.

But it came out, that is has to do with the damper meachnics which result in getting strange overtones here and there.

As i do not like this, I moved ( in Action) the Mute slider complelely to the left ( no muting) which cured it.

Greetings,

Geert

Re: High F Natural overtone on some notes...

Mine already was completely to the left. Didn't help...

I think it's a temperament thing because I can still hear it with the Werckmeister III temperament chosen but the overtone comes through differently as a steady sustaining note, where the equal temperament makes it sound more pulsating...

Last edited by robinsongs (31-05-2015 15:57)