Topic: ASIO Driver for WDM Audio

I would very much appreciate advice on the use of ASIO Driver and my computer  outlet to Speaker.
My complete knowledge would be that computer out green connection goes to speakers. What does the ASIO Driver do? Also would a sound card be any advantage to my basic Yamaha PSR350 Keyboard.
I am very pleased with the Pianoteq 5 sound against my Keyboard, but any improvements that I can find would be helpful
James Williams

Re: ASIO Driver for WDM Audio

Does the quality of keyboards make a difference?

the (free) ASIO4ALL driver gives you very low latency, but it doesn't change the sound of your sound card, hence a dedicated (USB or other) external sound card could give you a better sound but to be honest, many internal sound cards don't sound so bad nowadays.
The quality of the keyboard has only an influence on your touch response, again not on the sound.

Thank you for your prompt reply Luc. That answers both questions. I very much appreciate that

Luc Henrion wrote:

the (free) ASIO4ALL driver gives you very low latency, but it doesn't change the sound of your sound card, hence a dedicated (USB or other) external sound card could give you a better sound but to be honest, many internal sound cards don't sound so bad nowadays.
The quality of the keyboard has only an influence on your touch response, again not on the sound.

+1