Topic: Linux CPU Overload Issues with Pianoteq 5.2.1

I'm using an HP 2710 laptop computer (1.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor) with Peppermint (a slimmed down version of Ubuntu 14.04) Linux and Pianoteq 5.2.1 and my issue is that it goes almost immediately into CPU overload, the sound cuts gets distorted and then stops.

I can't find any links to download the other 5.x versions for Linux (or for that matter any other operating systems), so I don't know if one of the other 5.x versions might be ok...

All I have been able to find is a link to download 4.5.5, which is supposedly not near as good, so I'm really disappointed.   Having said that, 4.5.5 works just fine!  No CPU overload.

So, is anyone else having this problem?   Does anyone have a link to other 5.x versions that I can try?  Maybe there's a bug in 5.2.1 that is causing this?   

Any help will be greatly appreciated.   ed@hastiestudio.com

Re: Linux CPU Overload Issues with Pianoteq 5.2.1

Having much better luck with Lubuntu 15.04.

Re: Linux CPU Overload Issues with Pianoteq 5.2.1

Have you erased previous 5.x version files?
I keep old files after updates, but I don't know if users are allowed to share an old version of Pianoteq executables even if the other person owns a license.
Perhaps an administrator can help you.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11