Topic: Pianoteq 5.2 update ads

Hi

I think someone forgot to put in the ads that there's a new phaser effect too

Re: Pianoteq 5.2 update ads

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll have a play with that as well :-)

I read about the add-on just before leaving work and was all geared up to buy it when I got home. Only to find that I have it as a free upgrade -- nice one Modartt

I notice that the Clavinet CL1 has disappeared, with D6 in its place. Is it just a name-change, or have there been improvements to the Clav model?

PTQ Std: Blüthner, K2, YC5, Steinway D, Kremsegg 2, Celeste, Hohner, Electric pianos
UbuntuStudio, SL88 Grand, Keystation 88es

1903 Bechstein Model 8, Yamaha CP-30

Yet another not-pianos... I'm still waiting for acoustic pianos improvements.

Jorvik wrote:

I notice that the Clavinet CL1 has disappeared, with D6 in its place. Is it just a name-change, or have there been improvements to the Clav model?

I think it was unofficial copy, but now it's authorized by Hohner. So, now it can use original name. Compare also "D4" (unauthorized copy if Steinway D) and "Bluethner Model 1" (authorized copy if Bluethner Model 1).

Last edited by Ross (21-04-2015 21:41)
Combine velocity curves: http://output.jsbin.com/cukeme/9

MUZE wrote:

I think someone forgot to put in the ads that there's a new phaser effect too

hum, good catch, I'm not sure how we managed to forget this one

I'm so glad it finally got one - can't have a Clav without a Phaser.

btw re the 'Fixed engine issue when running at 192kHz.'

Is there any actual benefit from running Pianoteq at such a high sample rate?

Last edited by MUZE (22-04-2015 20:19)

My preference would certainly be more real pianos such as a Bosendorfer Imperial, Ravenscroft, Grotian etc.

The D4 is beautiful, but it would be fun with the same playability for more acoustic grands.

MUZE wrote:

btw re the 'Fixed engine issue when running at 192kHz.'

Is there any actual benefit from running Pianoteq at such a high sample rate?

You have the pleasure to max out your CPU

Indeed, but apart from that? I am running at 96 at the moment and even here am not sure if it does actually sound any better.

MUZE wrote:

Indeed, but apart from that? I am running at 96 at the moment and even here am not sure if it does actually sound any better.

192k is mainly useful for studio engineers who prefer (for whatever reason) to work with that sample rate for all instruments in their projects.

MUZE wrote:

Of course, because of Nyquist theorem and the fact you are not a bat. For listening there are no reasons to use sample rate greater that 44khz. But for processing the sound in some cases it maybe useful.

Combine velocity curves: http://output.jsbin.com/cukeme/9