Topic: Making Notes About MIDI recordings

Can anyone suggest an easy way to record a note about short MIDI clips from pianoteq so that they can be stored as text within excel alongside a link to the piano clip. This would be a useful procedure for targetting perceived weaknesses and making improvements over future practice session. Many thanks ...

Ben

Re: Making Notes About MIDI recordings

Benedict wrote:

Can anyone suggest an easy way to record a note about short MIDI clips from pianoteq so that they can be stored as text within excel alongside a link to the piano clip. This would be a useful procedure for targetting perceived weaknesses and making improvements over future practice session. Many thanks ...

Ben

Just reference the datetime in your note, since datetime will be in the file name of MIDI clips saved by Pianoteq?

I record video for all my practice sessions.  Using webcam and OBS, I can overlay a live clock on the video.  This way, if I save a MIDI clip, I can also just narrate my notes immediately after.  Later, when I review the MIDI clip, I can easily scrub to the same time point in the video to hear my narrated note.