budo wrote:here's one of Wayne Shorter's enigmatic tunes, "Pinocchio." on the original Miles Davis Group's recording they don't take any solos, the melody is just restated multiple times. but i decided to do it different, kind of had to since i don't have a rhythm section like that on speed dial. plus i made some changes to the written harmony, to bring it more in line with Wayne's lead sheet and also what i was hearing.
https://youtu.be/uNMRuAKFz9Q
Bravo, Budo! I like the fairly rapid "flow" throughout most of the piece, the interesting improvisation, and the lovely chords at the start of the ending, from 4:05 to 4:14 before it rolls out into a *ritardando diminuendo*. Always nice!
P.S. I don't know how much time you spend reading my/our comments on your comments, so I want to say right here that:
Thank you budo for your lovely comments about my music! It really means a lot to me that you always take the time to listen and share your thoughts.
When I sit at the ”piano”, I always hope the music will touch people or convey a certain feeling, and hearing how you experience it gives me fresh inspiration and energy to keep creating.
Thanks again for your support — it is truly appreciated!
About the image - it might be France. I found it in my computer among desktop images.
Best wishes,
Stig