Topic: Airteq - Artinoise Recorder (To A Wild Rose)

Here I'm starting to set up my own INIT templates for use with the Re.corder

I give you the Overblown Flute ...


https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r%2001.mp3


Like the real tenor recorder softer breath equals a downturn in pitch, but that might add to the realism ???


This was created on PC in Cubase using: re.corder, MIDI Bridge, loopMIDI, Airteq and Pianoteq ...

Re: Airteq - Artinoise Recorder (To A Wild Rose)

DEZ wrote:

Here I'm starting to set up my own INIT templates for use with the Re.corder

I give you the Overblown Flute ...


https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r%2001.mp3


Like the real tenor recorder softer breath equals a downturn in pitch, but that might add to the realism ???


This was created on PC in Cubase using: re.corder, MIDI Bridge, loopMIDI, Airteq and Pianoteq ...


Wow ! You brought that instrument to life, and a nice, kind of warm singing tone.

Your air control kept the pitch nicely centered during those soft passages - the way you breathed life into the piece was very impressive.
Realism? Yes, your recording sounds convincingly like a real, physical flute. You made every single note feel like a conversation.

Well done!

Best wishes,

Stig

Re: Airteq - Artinoise Recorder (To A Wild Rose)

Using the same settings as above, I've brightened it, transposed it up one octave as well as altered the attack to 'better' mimic the soprano recorder ...


https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r%2002.mp3

Re: Airteq - Artinoise Recorder (To A Wild Rose)

DEZ wrote:

Using the same settings as above, I've brightened it, transposed it up one octave as well as altered the attack to 'better' mimic the soprano recorder ...


https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r%2002.mp3

Good soprano recorder

Bravo DEZ !  It actually sounds like a soprano recorder. Well done again. I’m suprised how well you can work on this flute project.

Have to tell you why my interest ….

I’m especially interested because I played a lot of soprano recorder with students when I was a teacher. (In Finland, we have made it possible for all children and young people to have a hobby that they enjoy in connection with the school day, after schooldays, and that is free of charge, is based on the students’ own wishes and can be about everything from sports and coding to visual arts and cooking, music…. ) after school. So I had the soprano recorder group. They got to perform a lot, also on the radio
Thank you DEZ. What will be next…..?

Best wishes,

Stig

Re: Airteq - Artinoise Recorder (To A Wild Rose)

Still using the same settings as originally above, now transposed one octave down to great bass in C


https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...r%2003.mp3



Note: If I were to synthesise the 'recorder' on synth I would choose the Triangle Wave. The options on Airteq seem to be open flue - flute (mostly sine wave), stopped flue (square wave) to get something in between I suppose we would have to be able to change the shape of the pipe from straight to conical I think? This would also alter the harmonicity, ie the overblow would not be the octave. Something like one sees on the Clarinet.

I didn't make mention of the principal or string offering as these are more saw wave - too many harmonics. If we can't alter the shape, then how about adding a filter so we can LP, HP, BandP the harmonics for effect ???

For those in the know - DO correct me !