Topic: Using AirTEQ as a flute simulator with the ARTinoise re.corder?

Hello everyone,

a question from a flute player: I have an ARTinoise re.corder ( https://www.artinoiselunatica.com/en/te...fications/ ) and would like to use it under Linux as a realistically sounding flute.

Would AirTEQ be suitable for this purpose, particularly for using the re.corder’s breath pressure to achieve natural dynamics and changes in tone color?

Has anyone had experience with this combination?

Thank you!

Re: Using AirTEQ as a flute simulator with the ARTinoise re.corder?

Klangpost wrote:

I have an ARTinoise re.corder and would like to use it under Linux as a realistically sounding flute.

Would AirTEQ be suitable for this purpose, particularly for using the re.corder’s breath pressure to achieve natural dynamics and changes in tone color?

Has anyone had experience with this combination?


I can’t really guide you on the Linux side, but I have used this setup on both Mac and PC, and it’s been solid in all those situations. I’ve also run the re.corder on an iPad with different apps, and that’s worked really well too.

The breath sensor is genuinely good. I’m asthmatic, and even so I can get very smooth, expressive dynamics — you can hear that in the little experiments I’ve posted on this site. Diaphragmatic vibrato and throat vibrato both come through nicely; the re.corder responds to them better than you might expect.

Flutter tonguing hasn’t worked for me so far, though that might be because I tend to use my epiglottis for it.

Hope that helps ???