Topic: JSON-RPC API issues

I have encountered a couple of issues with the API. Maybe this thread could be a mechanism for reporting issues?

1. Sending {'jsonrpc': '2.0', 'method':'getInfo', 'id':0} will crash Pianoteq, i.e. missing the "params" parameter. It seems the error checking on RPC messages could be improved.

2. The API does not seem to include a method to delete presets. They may be added and modified but there is no deletePreset method documented and I can't figure out another way to do it via API.

Last edited by riban (01-11-2022 13:03)

Re: JSON-RPC API issues

3. There doesn't seem to be a method to identify whether the current preset has been modified.

riban wrote:

I have encountered a couple of issues with the API. Maybe this thread could be a mechanism for reporting issues?

Indeed there is at https://www.modartt.com/support

In my experience they are very responsive and fix these kind of issues rather quickly. Now, if they are working on a v8 release, as it is speculated in the other thread, they may be busy and respond slower, but I still recommend you let them know there.

Where do I find a list of all posts I upvoted? :(

riban wrote:

3. There doesn't seem to be a method to identify whether the current preset has been modified.

Hi Riban,

I have not seen such method either.  You'll need to manage that state on your side.  But to find out if there was any change on the Pianoteq side of thing, I contemplated to use a hash method on of all the parameter values to see if there was changes done on the Pianote side of thing.  But I never got to that point  with my software

Cheers

Last edited by sordess (01-11-2022 14:04)
Sordess
Author of PTQ Client Webapp: (https://github.com/robert-rc2i/ptq-client-webapp)
Kawai CA79

sordess wrote:

use a hash method on of all the parameter values

That could be done but it seems like overkill when the state is already known by Pianoteq hence should be exhibited in its API. I have submitted these questions and observations to the dev team so hopefully they will take it onboard for the next update.