Topic: Quick Play with Organteq Demo

I have downloaded the Organteq Demo and had a quick test using my EL-900 as the controller.  I split the upper keyboard to hear both the lower and upper manuals and have the middle manual controlled by the electone's lower manual with the pedals controlling the pedalboard.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...est_01.mp3

I looked at the various flue stops and the level of editing - just volume and pitch no control for chiff - can we turn this part of the sound up or down? Will this be in version 2 I wonder?

Re: Quick Play with Organteq Demo

DEZ wrote:

I have downloaded the Organteq Demo and had a quick test using my EL-900 as the controller.  I split the upper keyboard to hear both the lower and upper manuals and have the middle manual controlled by the electone's lower manual with the pedals controlling the pedalboard.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...est_01.mp3

I looked at the various flue stops and the level of editing - just volume and pitch no control for chiff - can we turn this part of the sound up or down? Will this be in version 2 I wonder?

A very good demo DEZ. Thank you. Sounds like you were a student of G F Handel, it sounds like his ”The Cuckoo and the Nightingale” (many sections in Händel’s piece sound similar to your demo, imitates beautiful bird chirps

Can not help but upload my recording just to show that your demo is, like Händel's, really nice. Please record more with the demo. (And post them on the side Recordings feat Ptq Orgtq)
And your question - I'm sure Roman has many positive surprises for us in vers 2

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...gro%20.mp3

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteqenthusiast, Organteqenthusiast, Harpteqenthusiast, Harpsichordteqenthusiast and experimenter

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (19-06-2022 13:27)

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

A very good demo DEZ. Thank you. Sounds like you were a student of G F Handel, it sounds like his ”The Cuckoo and the Nightingale” (many sections in Händel’s piece sound similar to your demo, imitates beautiful bird chirps

Can not help but upload my recording just to show that your demo is, like Händel's, really nice. Please record more with the demo. (And post them on the side Recordings feat Ptq Orgtq)

Best wishes,

Stig

Pianoteqenthusiast, Organteqenthusiast, Harpteqenthusiast, Harpsichordteqenthusiast and experimenter

Thanks Stig, I do like Handel, Bach and the Baroque period in general. Great recording... tell me you say you're not an organist? So how did you play this - did you use a DAW and feed in the individual parts or are you being modest and you are an organist playing the whole piece in one setting? Hope you don't mind me asking?

If I buy Organteq and the new version comes out within 6 months do I get an automatic upgrade? Some other software companies do this, does Modartt?

Thanks for sharing and commenting on my quick play. I was just messing around on a theme called "This Old Man" a tune I heard the famous TV detective Columbo always singing as he closes in on his 'prey.' I like to play by ear as well as music so the opening notes are a major third - just like the call on the cuckoo.

All the best, DEZ

DEZ wrote:

Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks Stig, I do like Handel, Bach and the Baroque period in general. Great recording... tell me you say you're not an organist? So how did you play this - did you use a DAW and feed in the individual parts or are you being modest and you are an organist playing the whole piece in one setting? Hope you don't mind me asking?

If I buy Organteq and the new version comes out within 6 months do I get an automatic upgrade? Some other software companies do this, does Modartt?

Thanks for sharing and commenting on my quick play. I was just messing around on a theme called "This Old Man" a tune I heard the famous TV detective Columbo always singing as he closes in on his 'prey.' I like to play by ear as well as music so the opening notes are a major third - just like the call on the cuckoo.

All the best, DEZ

Hello again DEZ,

I'm a retired teacher fifteen years ago. Piano lessons some years, and the teacher said you will never be a pianist. Very sad, I stopped playing. As a teacher later I had to accompany the students' singing and started practicing piano playing on my own and have done it all my life. It became really interesting when I found ptq 2013. I have a daw, Garage band, in Mac mini and always play a piece with both hands on track one, without a pedal. I can not afford now to buy the pedal keyboard. If it is a very difficult piece I can play some sections with one hand on tr1 and the other hand on the track 2, pedal I always play with keyboard on tr 3 (or tr 2). I’m a care giver now, my wife is in wheel chair, so every hour I have some freetime I’m, playing. It is my way of relaxing in this hard work 24/7. Thanks for asking

Your question: do I get an automatic upgrade?

My answer from Modartt F.A.Q:
Will my licence be entitled to a free future upgrade?
Yes, all our products come with one year of free upgrades of the same product from the date of your first activation.

My best,

Stig

p.s. I still like Columbo

Stig,

I'm sorry to hear of your personal circumstances. It must be tough and at the same time I'm encouraged that you are so up-beat about it. It's great that you're got a hobby that gives you solace and pleasure - Keep playing you've got real talent.

All the best, DEZ

Another little test - using the saved splits.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...est_02.mp3

DEZ wrote:

Another little test - using the saved splits.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...est_02.mp3

Hi,
I'm glad you took such a song. Nice registration (is there an voxhumana too?). And good that the bass pedal can be heard clearly. Thank you. You can play any music on organ, not only baroque. I have recorded rag time, space ambience, arabic music, egyptian music, joke etc etc besides baroque and the like.

Weddings, funerals, services - organ music is something everyone know. But organ music is a completely separate art and music genre. The history of organ music goes back thousands of years. Originally, organ music was played in the background at gladiatorial fights in ancient Greece. The ancient organs were hydraulic water organs whose pipes could not be regulated - either all the pipes sounded or none at all.(O. Porthan).
So, Try to play a longer piece, any genre, style. It’s fun. Upload to the sub-forum "Recordings featuring Pianoteq and Organteq". See you there 

Best wishes,

Stig

Last edited by Pianoteqenthusiast (21-06-2022 07:42)

Hi,
I'm glad you took such a song. Nice registration (is there an voxhumana too?). And good that the bass pedal can be heard clearly. Thank you. You can play any music on organ, not only baroque. I have recorded rag time, space ambience, arabic music, egyptian music, joke etc etc besides baroque and the like.

Weddings, funerals, services - organ music is something everyone know. But organ music is a completely separate art and music genre. The history of organ music goes back thousands of years. Originally, organ music was played in the background at gladiatorial fights in ancient Greece. The ancient organs were hydraulic water organs whose pipes could not be regulated - either all the pipes sounded or none at all.(O. Porthan).
So, Try to play a longer piece, any genre, style. It’s fun. Upload to the sub-forum "Recordings featuring Pianoteq and Organteq". See you there 

Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks Stig,

Yes I'm using the Vox Humana (Voix Humaine / Human Voice) to add punch to the trompette. I thought I'd have a go at a better arrangement...

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...st_02b.mp3

Thanks for the encouragement, DEZ

DEZ wrote:

Hi,

Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks Stig,

Yes I'm using the Vox Humana (Voix Humaine / Human Voice) to add punch to the trompette. I thought I'd have a go at a better arrangement...

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...st_02b.mp3

Thanks for the encouragement, DEZ

"A better arrangement" - yes, I love the intro 14 seconds, it's wonderful, wow! And the sound from 0.29 is such a perfect to make the listener listen intensely. And I love the little "OOm-pah" accompaniment in left hand, and nice ending. You succeeded really well. What more can I say - simply beautiful!

I suggest you immediately upload this little nice piece to sub-forum Recordings featuring Pianoteq and Organteq. This piece deserves many listens  With Organteq we can get really interesting sounds.
Best wishes,

Stig

"A better arrangement" - yes, I love the intro 14 seconds, it's wonderful, wow! And the sound from 0.29 is such a perfect to make the listener listen intensely. And I love the little "OOm-pah" accompaniment in left hand, and nice ending. You succeeded really well. What more can I say - simply beautiful!

I suggest you immediately upload this little nice piece to sub-forum Recordings featuring Pianoteq and Organteq. This piece deserves many listens  With Organteq we can get really interesting sounds.
Best wishes,

Stig

Thanks again Stig for your kind words of encouragment. I've taken you up and uploaded a different tune to the Recordings section and here is an even better arrangement of Aura Lee for people to download and have a go themselves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpclhsak8ki3q...q.pdf?dl=0

All the best,  DEZ

Playing with the mutations couplers and subtle reeds.

It's not polished just an experiment...

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...ganTeq.mp3

Swopping the manuals around...

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...ganteq.mp3