Topic: Request: Kawai KDP120

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has found a good curve for the Kawai KDP120? I imagine there wouldn't be much difference to this and the KDP110 or the ES110 but it is a slightly upgraded action with triple sensor. Thanks!

Re: Request: Kawai KDP120

Why not make your own, for YOU. There is a free app called "MidiView" that you can use to determine your keyboard's velocity at each level. Start the program and start playing on your keyboard. Play a few notes at each level ppp through fff for what feels right for you. This program will monitor the midi stream and tell you the velocity values at each level. Using this I found my keyboard is not capable of a velocity of 0 to 127. It is more like 4-110.  With this information I simply drug the curve with 111 to the fff level and 4 to the ppp level. I then added points between and adjusted each value for pp p mp mf f ff. Seems to work pretty well for me. Your touch, feel, and preferences may be different from others. I think it is best to create your own velocity curve. Other's curves may be good places to start but using this program you can tailor the curve exactly to your specific touch and preference.

https://hautetechnique.com/midi/midiview/

Last edited by Tom Maxwell (05-05-2022 16:31)