Topic: Numa Player

It seems it is a fresh release so I grabbed while it's free just in case. The quality is not excellent or on par with competition but there is a nice selection of instruments. I was expecting this since they promised some software expansion for the SL GRAND at Musikmesse in the past so this required quite a few years of development. They seems to sound like the software inside the new Numa piano or it is a slimmed down version? What do you think?

Last edited by Chopin87 (04-03-2022 22:50)
"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Re: Numa Player

Chopin87 wrote:

It seems it is a fresh release so I grabbed while it's free just in case. The quality is not excellent or on par with competition but there is a nice selection of instruments. I was expecting this since they promised some software expansion for the SL GRAND at Musikmesse in the past so this required quite a few years of development. They seems to sound like the software inside the new Numa piano or it is a slimmed down version? What do you think?

Link, please?

Jake Johnson wrote:
Chopin87 wrote:

Link, please?

Sent e-mail.

It has Strings & Pads, which is something I hope to see integrated into Pianoteq one day... You can have 4 layers. And it all works on iOS.

Last edited by navindra (05-03-2022 06:29)

For being version 1 it has quite the selection of instruments. The concept of stacking sounds and mapping them through the keyboard in 4 zones is probably to exploit the system of the SL88 and the following hardware. I am curious to know if those are the on board sound of the keyboards they have presented in the last years or if they are different.
BTW, there is a Fazioli inside together with the Steinway.

Edit: by browsing I found out this is just a selection of those sound inside the Numa X Piano. Kinda like an appetizer.

Last edited by Chopin87 (05-03-2022 15:28)

Whoa!
It sounds quite good for a freebie.
Good choice of instruments as well.
There's layering and an effects section.
The standalone version doesn't support ASIO but as a VST it works fine for me.

My inner cheapskate likes it.

TY Chopin87!

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."