Topic: Swedish folksong, Tune from Utanmyra, Organteq

Tune from Utanmyra (Visa från Utanmyra, Utanmyra being a location in the province of Dalarna, Sweden).

A Swedish folk song. Just how old the song is is unknown An early version was titled O Tysta Ensamhet, in English would translate  O Silent Solitude.
The song has been played in a jazz context and interpreted by several artists, including Arne Domnérus, and Jan Johansson. Johansson's version was featured on his seminal 1964 album Jazz på svenska.

I tried to get a slightly mournful clarinet sound, to describe the insecurity of the emigrants who emigrated from Sweden to America...

Best wishes,

Stig

https://youtu.be/rTzLmqLnkvA

Re: Swedish folksong, Tune from Utanmyra, Organteq

great job with this tune.  beautiful countermelodies and registration.  i actually have the album Jazz på svenska (it was a gift from a Danish friend) and have always liked this song.  this makes me want to learn it!

I'm not used to listening to this kind of music. It grew on me after a couple listens.

budo wrote:

great job with this tune.  beautiful countermelodies and registration.  i actually have the album Jazz på svenska (it was a gift from a Danish friend) and have always liked this song.  this makes me want to learn it!

Thank you budo. I’m glad you like the registration. Soon 2 years with Organteq and can still find new ways of using the stops in combination with different tremolo settings. And glad that you have the  jazz album.

Best wishes,

Stig

moshuajusic wrote:

I'm not used to listening to this kind of music. It grew on me after a couple listens.

Nice that you experience it that way. And thank you, moshuajusic, for listening and giving comment. I appreciate it.
I have experienced the same thing. Thanks to this wonderful forum I have broadened my music taste. Now I’m exploring all genres    Enjoying Bach, ragtime, jazz………

Best wishes,

Stig