Topic: audio interface recommendations

I'm looking at creating a virtual organ with 8-channels (4-stereo) and would like some suggestions on the hardware to use with Organteq.

I currently have a presonus 1824c but have not had any success running the 8 channels.  Let me know if this interface should work??

Thx,

Andy

Re: audio interface recommendations

aivancic wrote:

I'm looking at creating a virtual organ with 8-channels (4-stereo) and would like some suggestions on the hardware to use with Organteq.

I currently have a presonus 1824c but have not had any success running the 8 channels.  Let me know if this interface should work??

Thx,

Andy

I use the ESI GIGAPORT HD+ and it works fine with Organteq (I use macOS). It's a relatively cheap 8-channel output device and it performs well.

I use the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL with an 8 channel output. Your sound card should work with the ASIO Driver for it (in m’y case „AudioBox ASIO Driver“).
Once I had the problem that there has been only one stereo channel to use in Organteq. In the settings of my PC I‘ve seen that only the first two channels of the sound card are recognized. A restart of the PC and the sound card solved the problem.

I also use the ESI GIGAPORT HD+. It works also very fine and has a great additional feature: beside the normal stereo head phone output (cannel 1&2) you can find a stereo output with a mixdown of all 8 channels. I use this output to send everything in an external reverb. The additional loudspeakers are placed at the other end of my room behind me. So it is really a cathedral feeling while playing the organ.

If you want long term support, flexibility and good performance I would recommend an RME device.