Topic: I can't use two MIDI keyboards to play two different manuals?

I bought two exactly equal MIDI keyboards (Arturia Keystep 32) to use with my Windows PC.

The problem I'm facing when I try to use them with Organteq is that while both MIDI keyboards are detected, and are detected as independent keyboards, both of them seem to be assigned to channel 1, so pressing the same key in the different keyboards will yield the very same note.

Is there a way to assign each of the keyboards to a different channel?

Thanks

Re: I can't use two MIDI keyboards to play two different manuals?

devoured_elysium wrote:

I bought two exactly equal MIDI keyboards (Arturia Keystep 32) to use with my Windows PC.

The problem I'm facing when I try to use them with Organteq is that while both MIDI keyboards are detected, and are detected as independent keyboards, both of them seem to be assigned to channel 1, so pressing the same key in the different keyboards will yield the very same note.

Thanks

All MIDI keyboards have some internal way of setting channels. In the English manual that I downloaded it says:

3.2. Keyboard MIDI channel
There are numbers silkscreened above the keys under the heading “Keyboard MIDI CH”. These represent the 16 MIDI channels to which the keyboard can be assigned. To change the MIDI channel setting, hold the Shift button and press the key that corresponds to the desired MIDI channel.

Re: I can't use two MIDI keyboards to play two different manuals?

Gilles wrote:
devoured_elysium wrote:

Thanks

All MIDI keyboards have some internal way of setting channels. In the English manual that I downloaded it says:

3.2. Keyboard MIDI channel
There are numbers silkscreened above the keys under the heading “Keyboard MIDI CH”. These represent the 16 MIDI channels to which the keyboard can be assigned. To change the MIDI channel setting, hold the Shift button and press the key that corresponds to the desired MIDI channel.

Yes, thanks! I was able to do it.