Topic: Bach - "Air on a G String" Organteq

After reading a post by Pianoteqenthusiast I was moved to share one of my own recordings using Organteq.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...String.mp3

This popular piece is commonly known as "Air on a G String" comes from the second movement of J.S. Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major, BWV 1068.  I modified an old arrangement I had for organ solo and added a solo violin part using the amazing Joshua Bell vst by Embertone.

Organteq has been a true source of musical joy and I can't possibly express in words my gratitude to the genius of Modartt's development team.  I'm also a Pianoteq Pro user and continue to be amazed at the sound of true modelling and will continue to upgrade to each new release.

If you'll notice the walking bass part, played in the pedals, seems late. This is a good example of what I wrote about in my other topic "Pedal notes sound late".

Enjoy!

Last edited by songpoet (30-01-2021 21:00)

Re: Bach - "Air on a G String" Organteq

songpoet wrote:

After reading a post by Pianoteqenthusiast I was moved to share one of my own recordings using Organteq.

https://forum.modartt.com/uploads.php?f...String.mp3

This popular piece is commonly known as "Air on a G String" comes from the second movement of J.S. Bach's Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major, BWV 1068.  I modified an old arrangement I had for organ solo and added a solo violin part using the amazing Joshua Bell vst by Embertone.

Organteq has been a true source of musical joy and I can't possibly express in words my gratitude to the genius of Modartt's development team.  I'm also a Pianoteq Pro user and continue to be amazed at the sound of true modelling and will continue to upgrade to each new release.

If you'll notice the walking bass part, played in the pedals, seems late. This is a good example of what I wrote about in my other topic "Pedal notes sound late".

Enjoy!

I love your voicing...could do with a little more reverb, but either way great performance.  You're right about the pedals.  Can you slide the midi part of the pedals back just a bit so it lines up with the other two, or did you record this in one go?

Musica anima est!