Topic: PTQ 7.1.0 Own mic settings. Where are they gone?

With the upgrade, I cannot find my microphone placements any more. Up to 7.0.5 it was part of the drop down menu of the Output. But now it's gone ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcoaJ5...sp=sharing

Have a nice day & happy playin'

Yamaha CP33 -- Scarlett 2i2 -- Yamaha HS7 / Sennheiser HD650 -- PTQ 7 Std [Linux/OSX] -- Some instruments

Re: PTQ 7.1.0 Own mic settings. Where are they gone?

-- options missing in the dropdown menu for X/Y, A/B, Mid/Side and ORTF mic placements.

(Edit:) -- However, those mic presets are listed in a menu that appears with a right-click in the Sound Recording window --> Top View or Front View pane.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (09-01-2021 03:30)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Just installed 7.1.0 on MacOs 10.14.6 (Mojave) and my personal mics and the standard mic placements are still there in the menu as before. Also visible in the mini-presets manager.

In the (mini-)presets manager, it's still visible.
But no more in the output menu. I did a restart of the program.

[edit] The same for the installation in MacOS11

Last edited by Viridis (09-01-2021 14:11)

Yamaha CP33 -- Scarlett 2i2 -- Yamaha HS7 / Sennheiser HD650 -- PTQ 7 Std [Linux/OSX] -- Some instruments

Viridis wrote:

In the (mini-)presets manager, it's still visible.
But no more in the output menu. I did a restart of the program.

[edit] The same for the installation in MacOS11

Ooops, sorry I had not looked at your posted image. Indeed, in that place the personal mics are not there any more (they were under version 6). What I checked is the right-click menu inside the Sound Recording display, where the image of the piano is. I think this is a change done on purpose to not apply blindly such an important edit, but I understand the use as a shortcut when you know what you are doing.

Gilles wrote:

What I checked is the right-click menu inside the Sound Recording display, where the image of the piano is.

When I right-click on <Sound Recording> in the Output menu, nothing happens. The right mouse button acts the same as the left button.

[edit] But there's no image of a piano. Probably, I'm looking in the wrong place?
[edit 2] Now I found it (and the meaning of your words): click on the microphone. In the 'space' where one can put mics, right-clicking opens indeed a menu with the mic settings.

Last edited by Viridis (09-01-2021 16:44)

Viridis wrote:

With the upgrade, I cannot find my microphone placements any more. Up to 7.0.5 it was part of the drop down menu of the Output. But now it's gone ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KcoaJ5...sp=sharing

It was removed from this menu as it caused a lot of "bad sound" issues. It is better to see the mics when loading a mic preset,  (for example with the upright, the mics can easily appear behind the wall). So now, the mic preset positions are available only via right-click in the mics view.