Topic: Pianoteq Video Contest 2020 - The winning entries

https://forum.modartt.com/img/contest-winners-2020-sm.jpg

Hi everyone,

The 2020 Pianoteq Video Contest was our most successful ever with as many as 70 entries.
I can imagine it was not easy to pick the favourite entries because there were so many good ones.

Thank you everyone who participated, and of course everyone who watched and voted!

The votes were given by a small voluntary jury and the public.

The winning entries:

1.   "Pianoteq / isolation & improv"
      by benmusic
      400 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqDByMXkjvU

2.   "Una in più"
      by sanfinix
      300 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6U4nhiQ3Ro

3. (shared) "In Autumn"
      by MatDe
      200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_SUb7SyxYA

3. (shared) "Fantaisie Impromptu"
     by Pianosaurus
     200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCX6PVMThr8

The complete results and all the entries are available here.

Value coupons will be sent to all contestants within a few days.

Thank you all!

Re: Pianoteq Video Contest 2020 - The winning entries

Well done to all the winning entries !!!

Congratulations to the winners and to all participants using their amazing creativity! And thanks to everyone listening to my music ”A multifaceted musical experience”, my eight entry.
I have listened and learned much these years in the forum, and I hope people have got pleasure listening to my music too. And I have learned from Chloe, that bringing happiness to others, means more to me, than ending up among the top 12 or winning the competition. So, waiting for next year, to learn even more. And thanks to the jury, that had the hard, almost impossible task, to find a top 12 list for the final.
And thank you Modartt, for Ptq video contests every year. I can’t stop participating   When I upload my entry every year, for me, there is the uniqueness of the moment - the nice feeling, music with Pianoteq.

Warmest congratulations to the winners! And many thanks to all the participants. I always enjoy seeing the many ways in which Pianoteq inspires people, and there were so many entries of very high quality. This year I was quite amazed to find my entry in the top 12, but, like Pianoteqenthusiast, the greatest buzz was from the participation itself. Most of my Pianoteq time is spent working with classical piano sounds, so I really enjoyed my little excursion into experimental territory. I’m encouraged to do more! A big thank you to everyone who voted for me and to the people who left Likes and nice comments on my YouTube channel.

Congratulations to the winners. Well deserved. Congratulations benmusic for your winning entry, I enjoyed it so much!

Congratulations to all the participants and thank so much Modartt for the great contest. A fun experience as always. Like Pianoteqenthusiast, every year it is like clockwork for me and I cannot stop participating. Hope to see you all next year!

Last edited by lo134 (16-11-2020 15:33)

Congratulations to Y'aLL!  This year's cohort was very strong, talented and entertaining. Voglio imparare di più l'italiano! Stay safe and healthy with your family, friends and your Pianoteq until the next fun contest! I will stay tuned to this fabulous forum!  TTFN!

Wow... I truly did not expect to win with so many tremendously creative entries! It brings me no small measure of joy to simply be part of a shared musical experience with all of you, particularly in this very difficult time. The beautiful playing and visually inventive entries are all so inspiring.

Thank you to Modartt for providing this great opportunity for us to share in every year, and for continuing to develop and improve this remarkable software! Best to all.

- Ben   #wearamask #blacklivesmatter

http://youtube.com/benlewispiano (please subscribe!) :-)

p.s. I have been mourning too long the loss of "what was" in terms of my career pre-Covid, and am trying now to look foward to "what can be".

Congrats to all winners! and many Thanks to Modartt for year after year reward creativity in such a fun contest.

Congratulations all! Such a pleasure experiencing all the beautiful entries.

To the finalists, you've made a wonderful impact and I'm proud of you. Such enriching moments you've shared for us all to enjoy!

To first placed @benmusic It's joyous seeing you in full creative flow! Superb and inspiring for many musicians.

To the remaining finalists, @sanfinix, @MatDe and @Pianosaurus - magnificent work! Each with a unique focus and you each make it look so easy - hearty congratulations - we're all going to be looking forward to more.

To all who participated, thank you! As Pianoteqenthusiast says above, you bring true happiness and maybe next year will bring you a final or winning entry. Really appreciate your efforts and looking forward always to more. Over time, I'll be revisiting and taking in your music again and again.

It's inspiring to enjoy everyone's entry and from the bottom of my heart, you have all won the unofficial prize of touching the hearts of everyone who visits to view your video and hear your music, just by taking part. Will be interested in seeing everyone's entry next year and in the years to come.

Wishing everyone a grand new year!

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

Congrats to winners

Congratulations to you all! Nice to see such creativity and diversity. And thank you Modartt for making it possible.

May I congratulate all the competition winners, very well done.

Warmest regards,

Chris

Congrats to all the winners and to all participants!

I didn't get my value coupon because I forgot to change my email address and the old one no longer exists (I assume they've already been sent). I've updated it now. Can the coupon be resent? Who should I contact about that? I didn't want to contact support since I know they're very busy with the new release. Thanks.

Last edited by DaveL (24-11-2020 21:12)
Kawai ES110, Pianoteq 7 Standard, Electric pianos, Steinway B and D, Bechstein, Bluethner, K2, U-Phoria UMC204HD, Sony MDR-7506

Support.

Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Amen Ptah Ra wrote:

Support.

I contacted support, thanks.

Kawai ES110, Pianoteq 7 Standard, Electric pianos, Steinway B and D, Bechstein, Bluethner, K2, U-Phoria UMC204HD, Sony MDR-7506

Modartt will look after you.

I really like your piece btw (notes within and final chord makes it seem there's good foundations - will really enjoy to hear it finished, where you take it - thank you sincerely for entering the competition DaveL

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

Really good music by such talented Pianoteqers !!

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

Ciao a tutti, scusate per il ritardo ma ho avuto delle piccole difficoltà.

Grazie a tutti i partecipanti, sinceramente non mi aspettavo di arrivare tra i finalisti, incredibile che si arrivato "secondo"

Sono contento che la mia semplice canzone vi sia piaciuta.

Un abbraccio !

Enzo

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay but I had some small difficulties.

Thanks to all the participants, I honestly did not expect to arrive among the finalists, it is incredible that he finished "second"

I'm glad you liked my simple song.

A hug !

Hi Enzo,

thank you for participating! I think many enjoy your song - you are modest, it is delightful. Hoping you are continuing to enjoy making more music.

Qexl wrote:

Modartt will look after you.

I really like your piece btw (notes within and final chord makes it seem there's good foundations - will really enjoy to hear it finished, where you take it - thank you sincerely for entering the competition DaveL

Support sent me a coupon and I promptly spent it

Thanks for your kind words regarding my entry, Qexl. I haven’t played it since the contest ended, but maybe now I’ll get back to working on it.

You're so welcome DaveL - glad of this

It's a good project notion to continue to revisit previous works.

I really suffer from 'moving right along' syndrome all too often, leaving lots of unfinished ideas behind for the next (the expressions/ideas may indeed influence new music, so on some level I'm not losing all too much by doing this).

It may be however the single thing I'd change about myself if I had time over again as it's so satisfying when we return to complete something we started.

I'm sincerely looking forward to hearing more of your music and finding how you flesh out your piece

Cheers!

Qexl wrote:

You're so welcome DaveL - glad of this

It's a good project notion to continue to revisit previous works.

I really suffer from 'moving right along' syndrome all too often, leaving lots of unfinished ideas behind for the next (the expressions/ideas may indeed influence new music, so on some level I'm not losing all too much by doing this).

It may be however the single thing I'd change about myself if I had time over again as it's so satisfying when we return to complete something we started.

I'm sincerely looking forward to hearing more of your music and finding how you flesh out your piece

Cheers!

I think I suffer from the same syndrome. Actually, I just discovered by accident a very interesting snippet I recorded a while back and saved to the third slot on my Kawai ES110 and never finished. It's only 4 bars, but I think it's got great potential and it's also a piece for epiano. I just got the epiano Pianoteq instrument, so I think I'll work on finishing that one first.

Good thing to hear DaveL, hoping your bars turn into a favorite piece!

They so often do.. like gems in the rough hiding among old improvs and concerted but abandoned composing sessions.

I like to stop and save the MIDI with some name like "Work-nr-end-OK" or "fix-waffling-middle-OK" or "Really-like-melancholy-passage-nr-middle-work-AA" or "can-this-unusual-mode-be-improved-BA" - not extremely specific, and mix up my naming conventions depending on my mood it seems but good habit I think, after any improv session produces some interesting passages.. definitely helps me find them among the auto-recorded MIDI years later. Cheers!