Topic: Instrument packs

Good afternoon

I'm a potential new user but I wondered if someone could clarify the term 'packs'. The Pro version gets 4 instrument 'packs' and Standard gets 3 'packs'. Is a pack a category of instruments (e.g. Grand Pianos) or is it a single instrument (e.g. Steinway D)?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Re: Instrument packs

Most of them are single instruments like the Bechstein but some of them are collections and consist of several instruments like Kremsegg, Karsten or Hohner. There are 21 "packs", they are listed here:

https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq#instruments

I suggest to try the demo before buying. All instruments are in there and playable.

Last edited by Zaskar (13-11-2020 08:01)
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

paulrgmusic wrote:

Good afternoon

I'm a potential new user but I wondered if someone could clarify the term 'packs'. The Pro version gets 4 instrument 'packs' and Standard gets 3 'packs'. Is a pack a category of instruments (e.g. Grand Pianos) or is it a single instrument (e.g. Steinway D)?

Thanks in advance
Paul

A "pack" refers to what you see as instrument on the Pianoteq Instruments page. A few are single instruments like the DG Bechstein, some are more then one like the Electric Pianos and (now new) the Steinway Model D (contains a Hamburg and NY variant of the model D).

Perosonally I went chose:
- Concert grand (DG Bechstein)
- Studio grand (Model B)
- Upright (U4)
- Electric Pianos

To get a maximum of different pianos. Best is to try them out first though, as all the pianos have a very distinct sound.

Pianoteq 7 - Steinway D/B, C.Bechstein, U4, Electric Pianos

I'm still a little confused on the Steinway D pack. When I bought Stage (4 or 5 I think), there were no choices. Steinway D and K2 came with it.
When I upgrade to Stage 7, does the Steinway D have the NY piano built in?
Thanks,
RS
MidiOpera.com

Robert Steinberg
MidiOpera.com

MidiOpera wrote:

I'm still a little confused on the Steinway D pack. When I bought Stage (4 or 5 I think), there were no choices. Steinway D and K2 came with it.
When I upgrade to Stage 7, does the Steinway D have the NY piano built in?
Thanks,
RS
MidiOpera.com

It will.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with the new Bosie and Organteq 2

So if i understand right, the Steinway D and NY counts as two 'two instrument packs'?

Novice playing piano...

Analogus wrote:

So if i understand right, the Steinway D and NY counts as two 'two instrument packs'?

Many instrument packs contain one instrument, such as Petrof, Bechstein, etc.
Some instrument packs contain several instruments, like Karsten or Kremsegg collections.
As of now in v. 7 there is a "Steinway Model D" instrument pack that consists of two instruments, Hamburg (HB) and New York (NY) Steinways. Previously it was one instrument (HB) included in this pack.

https://www.modartt.com/pianoteq#instruments

Last edited by AKM (14-11-2020 11:58)

ThankYou.

If that is right, I ask myself if there should be a third instrument pack open to chose now after upgrading to V7 standard. Sadly this is not the case...

Last edited by Analogus (14-11-2020 12:02)
Novice playing piano...

Analogus wrote:

ThankYou.

If that is right, I ask myself if there should be a third instrument pack open to chose now after upgrading to V7 standard. Sadly this is not the case...

Seems you are confusing version upgrade (i.e. Pianoteq Pro 6 > Pianoteq Pro 7) with product upgrade (i.e. Pianoteq Stage 6 > Pianoteq Pro 6). Version upgrade don't give you an extra instruments. Product upgrade, however, if it was made in or after 2019, does. The exact date for this new rule is not clear from the FAQ, just 2019.

Last edited by AKM (14-11-2020 13:53)

I am actually looking to sell my Pianoteq Pro 7 if any are interested?

I did upgrade and held out for the upgrade. It sounds good but, I am more than comfortable with what I use.

The packs include: NY Steinway D, Hamburg Steinway D and B, K2, Electric Pianos and the U4.

My asking price is £270.

AKM wrote:
Analogus wrote:

ThankYou.

Seems you are confusing version upgrade (i.e. Pianoteq Pro 6 > Pianoteq Pro 7) with product upgrade (i.e. Pianoteq Stage 6 > Pianoteq Pro 6). Version upgrade don't give you an extra instruments. Product upgrade, however, if it was made in or after 2019, does. The exact date for this new rule is not clear from the FAQ, just 2019.

That could be the case. What me drove to think uppont this topic ist that:

Even if you buy V7 Standard for example completely new (comparable price as V5 at the time I bought it) contains now 3 packs. I now own V7 Standard and payed a much higher price due to version upgrades 5 to 6 and 6 to 7. And I only have 2 packs. I regard this as not very kind, or let's say a bit strange...

Last edited by Analogus (16-11-2020 18:08)
Novice playing piano...

Hi! I'm selling my Pianoteq Stage 7 license with three instrument packs (Steinway B, D, and Bluthner) for EUR90 only. Leave me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

Analogus wrote:

ThankYou.

I didn't know that either; it was nice to find out.  But the upgrade to standard was worth every penny even without it. And the Erard, (free within the KIVR selection), is even better now you can tweak it.

I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order

paulrgmusic wrote:

Good afternoon

Thanks in advance
Paul

My advice is always just get the Studio Bundle and be done with it.

https://i.ibb.co/0tjLDp7/Clipboard0c.jpg

Kawai MP11SE / Pianoteq Pro Studio Bundle v7.5.2 (includes every Pianoteq instrument - 21 currently)

Is it really possible to buy someone else’s licence? 

Parallel Motion wrote:

Hi! I'm selling my Pianoteq Stage 7 license with three instrument packs (Steinway B, D, and Bluthner) for EUR90 only. Leave me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

I'm very curious about upgrading to Studio Bundle, don't want to bother the support because it is kind of theoretical interest. Would be nice to have this info in the F.A.Q. Funny enough I just remembered that I seem to be eligible for academic discounts. So what about Studio Bundle Academic upgrade? :) I mean it is present as a product to buy but nothing about the upgrade possibility.

Last edited by AKM (21-11-2020 13:14)

GPG wrote:

Parallel Motion wrote:

Hi! Yes it is definitely possible, you can search license transfer in this forum . The transfer fee (to ModArtt) is EUR29 and the license will be transferred to you after the payment has been made.

psterrett wrote:

Absolutely. It’s a treasure trove. And now with morphing and layering even more so.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with the new Bosie and Organteq 2

Fleer wrote:
psterrett wrote:

Absolutely. It’s a treasure trove. And now with morphing and layering even more so.

Certainly hits the nail on the head - more instruments means more breadth and depth to the morphing and layering opportunities.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

psterrett wrote:

"Activation slots: 2/3" gives me some anxiety though. I'm also there.

peterws wrote:
Analogus wrote:

ThankYou.

I didn't know that either; it was nice to find out.  But the upgrade to standard was worth every penny even without it. And the Erard, (free within the KIVR selection), is even better now you can tweak it.

Hi

Of course I upgraded immediately :-)
If the updgrade is worth it - with my ears and just beeing a occational player I cannot decide, but I think yes.

What I do not understand - or better like - is the price policy of Modartt. You, or at least I, do not like to buy something at a full price for example and a couple of days there is an 30% lower price. Buyers do feel ripped off in those cases. Or the case here - new buyers will gett 3 instruments packs and have to spend much less money than user like myself who spent nuch more money due to several upgrades and not even receive the full package (in this case an additional instrument pack which allready is part of the V7).

But that's the way it goes I think.

Novice playing piano...

Deyvidpetro wrote:

I am actually looking to sell my Pianoteq Pro 7 if any are interested?

I did upgrade and held out for the upgrade. It sounds good but, I am more than comfortable with what I use.

The packs include: NY Steinway D, Hamburg Steinway D and B, K2, Electric Pianos and the U4.

My asking price is £270.

I suggest you offer it on KVR.com forums if you haven't already.  Go to the main forum page and find the "buy and sell..." forum & post there.  If you price is reasonable you will probably find a buyer quickly because there are a lot of people checking it on a regular basis (including myself). You might also try reverb.com although I haven't tried to sell vst plugins there myself.

EUR29 is good price. but I just 12 years old. I don't have any bank account pay for you.

Parallel Motion wrote:
GPG wrote:

Parallel Motion wrote:

Hi! Yes it is definitely possible, you can search license transfer in this forum . The transfer fee (to ModArtt) is EUR29 and the license will be transferred to you after the payment has been made.

Analogus wrote:

What I do not understand - or better like - is the price policy of Modartt. You, or at least I, do not like to buy something at a full price for example and a couple of days there is an 30% lower price. Buyers do feel ripped off in those cases. Or the case here - new buyers will gett 3 instruments packs and have to spend much less money than user like myself who spent nuch more money due to several upgrades and not even receive the full package (in this case an additional instrument pack which allready is part of the V7).

But that's the way it goes I think.

I started out with Stage; upgraded to Standard; during a discount, and then to Pro during another sale period.   I would have been better off to just buy the Pro version from the start during a sale period.

As for instrument packs, it's hard to say.  Most people only own one acoustic piano.   I started out with the Bluthner and still find it to be the one I like the most.  I sort of regret buying the harpsichord because while it sounds fantastically realistic, I just don't enjoy playing it.  I just bought two more grand pianos during this sale period, but now I find myself going back to my beloved Bluthner.  By the way the C Bechstein sounds a lot like the actual 6" 4" Chickering Grand I own.

As an aside I have on order a Kawai ES 920.   It remains to be seen if I willl continue to use the Pianoteq voices or I will be satisfied with the Kawai.  I still think Pianoteq should cut a deal with a manufacture like Kawai to include the Pianoteq voices inside their stand alone instruments.
I bought the Kawai under the belief that the action will be superior to the action on a Casio Px-150.  Time will tell on that too.

Last edited by GRB (28-11-2020 14:07)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

AKM wrote:

I'm very curious about upgrading to Studio Bundle, don't want to bother the support because it is kind of theoretical interest. Would be nice to have this info in the F.A.Q. Funny enough I just remembered that I seem to be eligible for academic discounts. So what about Studio Bundle Academic upgrade? I mean it is present as a product to buy but nothing about the upgrade possibility.

I wish that I'd seen this sooner. Just email Niclas Fogwall at sales@modartt.com. He will take care of you.

Kawai MP11SE / Pianoteq Pro Studio Bundle v7.5.2 (includes every Pianoteq instrument - 21 currently)