Topic: MIDI Controller recommendation

Hi! I am considering to buy a MIDI controller to work with Organteq for as much as integration (especially stops change) in Standalone Mode or as Plugin Mode (in Logic Pro). I see many users of different Virtual Organ Softwares recommend Novation LaunchPad, can anyone share your experience of usage and setup? There are 4 models released (Launchpad Pro, Launchpad mini, Launchpad X, Launchpad), which one is good pick for Organteq (I am not an Ableton user, just using Logic Pro). Or any new suggestions for this purpose?

Also, does Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 or KORG micriKEY Air 61 are good choices as a division manual controller playing the Organteq? I have listed out 12 models for polling, which one do you recommend? Please share your experience!

Thanks!

Re: MIDI Controller recommendation

Greetings from North Eastren Pennasylvaina USA

Great question.\I bought a novation slab right after organteq came out.
I've got a roland bk3 and despite grandorgue and Haupt recognizing the gen midi, stop could be controlled by eight sound bank buttons I was unable to get organteq to
work.
The problem with the The novation slabs is they are not general midi compliant, you'll need to load a vst, which I assume you would then be able to use the organteq as a plugin.

In other words when you turn on the slab, because it's not general midi you need to load software for it to work.
I use Gnu/Linux,  the software which comes with the slab is Mac or Pc compatible.

Now, my rig is set up with two manuals. A BK3 and Casio Privia 130
The casio is general midi compliant. It's 88 keys so I can use the 88-64, 24 key to control the stops. The BK3 is also general midi compliant

The performance and sound from organteq is really fine.  I'm using an old laptop Pentium 5 8 gig. The rig is very responsive and sounds great.
No tweaking works out of the box
I'm interested in following this thread.

Last edited by toko123 (21-10-2020 22:27)

Thanks for the sharing! I have never think of make use of that extra 24 keys as stops control. It’s really a good hint to me!

Which model of LaunchPad do you recommend?

ericwongmusic wrote:

Thanks for the sharing! I have never think of make use of that extra 24 keys as stops control. It’s really a good hint to me!

Which model of LaunchPad do you recommend?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Novation/L...mp;index=4
It comes with abletonLite
But if you are using Gnu/Linux it'lll be a brick.
I returned mine within 45 days.
Try before you buy.