Topic: Out of tune after updating pianoteq stage!!

My pianoteq stage is out of tune after updating to 6.7.3 Not sure what version I had before, but I think it was 6.5.x.

It's quite noticeable, almost a whole note down. The UI still shows the correct key that I press on the midi keyboard - just the sound is off. It's like someone is holding the pitch wheel, but I checked with midi ox, that it's not sending any wrong midi signals - also it still works whole way up and down.

For some reason if I use programs like VSTHost (vst2 or vst3 plugins), it works fine. The problem is with the standalone.

Last edited by BrandonLuis (19-09-2020 11:10)

Re: Out of tune after updating pianoteq stage!!

I had a similar issue five years ago, I don't know why, if I used PT alongside with any other program, the sound card would go from 48 kHz to at 44.1kHz, and that caused the pitch to go down. Anyway, I was under Linux but I guess it can be the same issue

By the way, at that time I did not measure how much the issue detuned the sound, but if you make the calculation 44100 / 4800 corresponds to approximately 1.47 tones down, which is bigger than the almost whole note you report.

Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

Re: Out of tune after updating pianoteq stage!!

i agree with marcos daniel, it's likely an issue with sound card configuration.  i had the same problem once with i was messing around with different outputs under Devices (external interface vs internal speakers etc).  check out what's going on under Devices and see if you notice anything amiss.