Topic: Feature request

Hi everyone.

It would be great to have sostenutos.

Here is an example Urrugne's church organ :

« Sostenutos « additif » et « soustractif » à tous les claviers et à la pédale et enregistrables dans les combinaisons ; le premier permet d’empiler les notes les unes sur les autres, le second correspond au Sostenuto traditionnel : une note (ou un accord) jouée remplace la précédente »

Any chances this could be added in the next version of Organteq ?

Thanks,

Petar

Re: Feature request

Some pieces of music require more different stop combinations than the 10 pushbuttons allow. A partial work-around is to use both A and B presets. The second and third Chorale by C. Franck luckily have a breakpoint where one can change the presets. But that has to be done on a touchscreen or with the mouse; there is no programmable midi-command as far as I could check. Together A/B allow 20 different stop combinations, be it still limited for instance for larger pieces, e.g. the Grand Piece Symphonique.

The nasty point is the dot next to A/B. If one touches it when changing A to B (by accident, not too much time available) the contents of the A is modified. Ultimately it can be recalled, but that is not very convenient when practicing or presenting. The focus is on music, less on software.

The good solution would be a programmable setzer/sequencer. This has earlier been asked by others. But making the A/B switches midi-accessible with pushbuttons would already be a good step.

Perhaps somebody invented a better work-around. If so, please let me know.

Analog Heyligers E1 organ, 13 stops, 2 manuals + pedal
December 2018 extension: third manual and midi
Software Organteq, GrandOrgue, Sweelinq

Alex_vD wrote:

Some pieces of music require more different stop combinations than the 10 pushbuttons allow.

Absolutely. An independent sequencer with access to more than 10 combinations would be great !

Here is a presentation for an organ with a 40 combinations sequencer (8 real pistons + 32 virtual pistons).

(starts at 6 min 48 sec)

Also, the sequencer next and previous buttons are independent from the combinations pistons.

So you can have combination piston 3 on sequence position 1, combination piston 8 on sequence position 2, etc.

https://youtu.be/wggXb9mPJ1I?t=408

Alex_vD wrote:

Perhaps somebody invented a better work-around. If so, please let me know.

I have combinations spread on multiple presets.

Preset 1 has combinations 1 to 10, preset 2 has combinations 11 to 20, etc., assigning key switches to the presets.

But it is not reliable. If I change preset while holding a note, sometimes the note stops and I have to re-trigger the key.

Last edited by Kreso (19-08-2020 09:08)

Based on the pieces I've been working on lately, here is the ideal combination and sequencer features I hope could be implemented in a future version of Organteq.

COMBINATIONS

• Increase the combinations number to at least 40.

• Add previous/next buttons to be able to browse through the display of the combination pistons (1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.)

• In the combination settings it would be great to have the option to snapshot other parameters (expression pedal, noise volume, etc.)

In the piece i'm currently working on, I have combinations with different expression pedal values to control the volume of reed stops of the Récit depending on the global set of stops. I also use a loud volume of the noises with some stop combinations, and a low volume with others.
I also sometimes slightly change the volume or detune of certain stops in a combination and only for that particular combination. (Actually, with detuning, in most of the cases I want to apply the same detune to all the stops of a single keyboard.) To achieve all this I have to combine multiple bank presets and combination pistons. It is difficult to manage and the transition between bank presets often does not work with sustained notes.

The way I see the parameters mentioned above is that they are sound construction elements just like any stop. At least, that's the way in wich I use them when setting combinations. So I would love to be able to access each combination with a single piston.

https://images2.imgbox.com/da/0e/ImTiQZsT_o.png

SEQUENCER

• Add previous/next buttons to browse through the sequence presets with a display to show the current preset number

• Alt-clicking the number gives access to the sequence setting (an ordered list of combination piston numbers)

• The already existing previous/next buttons are used to play through the selected sequence list

• When selecting a sequence list, the stops are set to the first combination piston in the list. Just as if that specific piston was pressed.

https://images2.imgbox.com/2c/53/arEvj2GX_o.png

Last edited by Kreso (28-08-2020 15:07)

I have often been asked to play on other computer/organ systems installed at friend's home, and occasionally would like to use Organteq for that. With my license I can in principle install another copy there, but that is not likely the original intention for the three licenses that came with the purchase.

Of course a laptop would be an alternative. But laptops with a sufficient number of USB ports and I9700 processor, if available and affordable .....

A solution could be to temporarily install Organteq on my friend's system, and then after use remove the license and/or installation. That would be much easier than moving my desktop PC, connecting all cables etc. In the fora I did not see any mention about removing a license. Now I fully realize that this might generate quite some bookkeeping on Modartt's side. But perhaps it could be made possible, in view of the fact that it might also generate other people's interest in obtaining Organteq?

Analog Heyligers E1 organ, 13 stops, 2 manuals + pedal
December 2018 extension: third manual and midi
Software Organteq, GrandOrgue, Sweelinq