Topic: How do i build a nice inexpensive organ

Organtec is a great program. Many users use high quality hardware. This combination results in a fantastic organ, but it can also be very expensive!
(CHF 5000.- and more)
Certainly not all organ players have the necessary financial means. But with Organtec you can assemble an acceptable organ with little money! Here is an example which I have tried out:

-Notebook with i5 processor Win10
-Yamaha He8 electric organ  2 Manuals, Pedal with 17 Keys
-USB/Midi cable
-Keyboard Combo Amplifier 12" Speeker

I was able to buy all the hardware for a total of CHF 550 in second-hand shops. 

A lot of organ for little money!

The Notebook with i5 CPU quickly reaches its limits.
It must therefore be tuned in such a way that Organtec can utilize its full performance.
The manuals /pedals must each be controlled with a separate midi channel, which is easy to set in Organteq.
Since the volume of the notebook at the headphone output is very low, an active speaker is required. To be able
to reproduce the low tones better, a large loudspeaker should be used.

Last edited by Pit (20-05-2020 08:42)

Re: How do i build a nice inexpensive organ

Cheap but effective: Nektar Impact GX61 keyboards come with midi. Regrettably the keys are too short for good touché And, a pedal keyboard still had to be added.

Alternative: Heyligers (in NL) built robust organs with analog electronics till the nineties. He used professional keyboards and pedal. Some of those can be obtained second hand for reasonable prices. Advantage: professional pulpit with keyboards and pedal, that can easily be midified (for instance with midiboutique.com stuff.

But you still need a quite powerful PC. I use one with an I9700 processor. One can trade processor power for memory by using sample software and free samples. Quite good ones even exist. But then you do not have Organteq.

Analog Heyligers E1 organ, 13 stops, 2 manuals + pedal
December 2018 extension: third manual and midi
Software Organteq, GrandOrgue, Sweelinq

Re: How do i build a nice inexpensive organ

Hi,
This really is a no-brainer. The home organ market is dying (if not already dead). Go onto Gumtree and Ebay where you can pick up a two manual organ with pedals (and midi) for virtually nothing (some owners are happy to give them away). You will easily get an organ in good condition ideal for Organteq for under £100.
Here is one advertised for free (although you would have to arrange collection) in the U.K.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/music-organs/...1382565805
Chris

Last edited by Chris64 (29-08-2020 20:25)