Topic: Pianoteq 6 and Sonarworks Reference 4 long loading times

Hi, I'm a newbie and have a concern right away.

If I use Pianoteq 6 (Stage/Standard) in combination with Reference 4 as VSTs in a DAW, Pianoteq has a very long loading time (~ 20 sec) and changing presets happens very delayed. It doesn't play a role if Reference is on or off. If I remove Reference, Pianoteq loads in no time and changing presets has no delay.
By the way the same happens with Arturia's Piano V2. But with no other plugins I use in combination with Reference.

Can somebody reproduce this situation?

I'm on Win10 and the problem consists with the plugin versions in DAWs. For me with Live 10 and Cubase 10.5. There consists no such a problem with standalone Pianoteq and Reference systemwide application.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Roman76 (23-03-2020 00:08)

Re: Pianoteq 6 and Sonarworks Reference 4 long loading times

Sonarworks replied and told me that they are already into this problem.

The same for me.
The loading time for Pianoteq is very long in every vst host I'm using and for both vst2 and vst3.

Pianoteq Standard@Studiologic SL88 Grand
Steinway Model D | K2 grand piano | Ant. Petrof 275 | Steingraeber E-272 | Hohner Collection | Electric pianos | C. Bechstein DG | U4 upright piano | YC5 rock

By comparison, the Pianoteq plugin for Linux (LV2 rather than VST) loads instantaneously in a DAW such as Harrison Mixbus32C.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thank you for confirming. The problem is caused by Reference, not by Pianoteq.

Sonarworks contacted and told me that they are aware of the issue and already have found a fix for the problem which will be "worked around" in the next stable release version.

Last edited by Roman76 (28-03-2020 02:33)

The problem is solved with version 4.4.4.1.