Topic: Bug with MIDI control of pedals

I tried inserting the default controller 1 (at MIDI value 127) in a MIDI file to control the crescendo pedal but it was totally ignored when playing the file, not even listed in the MIDI messages received. I tried using another controller (MIDI volume, controller 7) in the MIDI mapping and it worked for MIDI value 127 but if later on in the file I insert a MIDI value of 0 to reset the pedal. it is ignored again...

Same thing for the expression pedal, random response from MIDI controllers in MIDI files.

If I set the pedal in action mapping to controller 64 and use my piano sustain pedal, Organteq's pedal respond perfectly in real time though.

EDIT: This gave me the idea to try using controller 64 for the crescendo pedal in my MIDI file, and it worked! I guess there is some kind of filtering for other controllers in the MIDI player but the sustain pedal works maybe because of the common parts with Pianoteq... Controller 67 (piano soft pedal) also works to control the expression pedal...Maybe they should be the default since many use piano keyboards and pedals for Organteq.

Last edited by Gilles (23-01-2020 02:59)