Topic: How to remember pedal settings across instruments?

I am enjoying the new-old organ world that Modartt has brought to my piano.  My piano has two pedals, which I have assigned and reassigned several times to the expression and the crescendo pedals.  Which setting on the Presets menu, if any, will remember such a MIDI assignment and carry it across even new FXPs?  The Pedal settings under Live States doesn't do it, just remembering if the pedal is On or Off.  The Local MIDI Mappings didn't seem to do it, either.

- David

Re: How to remember pedal settings across instruments?

Under the "Midi Mappings" window, there is a button to the side of each midi mapping list that says either "G" or "P" for Global or Preset.  If you select Global, it will change that setting everywhere in Organteq, or if you select Preset, it will add it to the FXP itself (and should override the Global setting when the fxp is loaded).  If the Global settings are getting reset each time you start the application, that would likely be a bug.

Also, in the "Midi Mappings" for your Midi Controller for the swell shoe or crescendo shoe is set to "Toggle" you can change it to "Set Parameter" for a range of 0-1.00 which is what the pedals are by default in my install.

I suspect you want the Midi Mapping set to Preset in this case, because that will move it from one FXP to another.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

That's exactly what I was looking to learn.  I changed my pedals, set them to Global so they are present across all presets, and then used the preset freeze command for the expression pedal so that it always starts at zero each time a preset is started, with volume always starting at -4.0.  Thanks for your help.

- David

dklein wrote:

That's exactly what I was looking to learn.  I changed my pedals, set them to Global so they are present across all presets, and then used the preset freeze command for the expression pedal so that it always starts at zero each time a preset is started, with volume always starting at -4.0.  Thanks for your help.

You're most welcome!  Glad it worked!

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300