Topic: Pedalboard for Organteq

I'm new to the forum and wondering what folks are using as a pedalboard for Organteq and also how do you switch from one manual to the other from the keyboard.  I love the product, but just wondering how I can use it in a live environment.  Currently have a Yamaha Digital piano and a Montage 6 and looking at integrating the Organteq into the setup.

Re: Pedalboard for Organteq

For adding a pedalboard, there are a few (fairly) standard choices:

1. Traditional Organ Console/Pedalboard with MIDI (can be DIY-ed to nearly any console but costs and logistics vary widely)
2. New MIDI Standalone Pedalboards ($500-2K USD from makers like Hammond)
3. Another manual that you map just for pedals ($100-500 and not entirely practical but possible)
4. Reverse the direction of the default pedal midi couplers so pedal stops are routed to the Great Organ or another manual (what I normally do when I'm at a digital piano with no pedal board)
5. Move the pedal stops to another manual (in the current version only 2 stops are exclusive to the pedalboard in the default registration the 16' Bombarde and 16' Principal which can easily be added to another manual's registration/stop-list if you choose to remove two redundant stops from the defaults)

I'm not sure if there's a way to change which MIDI Mapping is directed to a manual from a console/midi device based on the Keyboard Mapping window, but you can map the couplers to MIDI events (if your keyboards have additional CC buttons, switches, or knobs) or to key events as well (very easy to program if you have more than 61 keys on one of your keyboards) which does most of what changing keyboard mappings would.

You can also assign a midi event or key action in the MIDI Mappings window, which swaps between the A/B Presets; I haven't specifically tried this in the current version to confirm if it works, but you could have two different manual mappings for the same organ preset, and swap between their loaded MIDI Mappings that way.  That's probably your best bet for keyboard input switching.

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/2xHiPcCsm29R12HX4eXd4J
Pianoteq Pro & Organteq 2
Steinways, Grotrian, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, K2, Karsten, & Kremsegg
Casio GP300

Re: Pedalboard for Organteq

tmyoung wrote:

For adding a pedalboard, there are a few (fairly) standard choices:

1. Traditional Organ Console/Pedalboard with MIDI (can be DIY-ed to nearly any console but costs and logistics vary widely)
2. New MIDI Standalone Pedalboards ($500-2K USD from makers like Hammond)

AGO 32n concave-radiating MIDI Pedalboards, with swellshoes, are available from www.MIDIWorks.ca

Henry