Topic: Pianoteq 6.5.0

Real improvement on the attacks, nice!
(I'll try it deeper tonight)

Bruno

Re: Pianoteq 6.5.0

Continuous development is always much appreciated, thanks Modartt. Looking forward to trying the changes. Kremsegg extended range should be interesting!

Fantastic!  Thanks, guys.  The hammer attack is a very important key to making it 'feel real'.  This change is something that I used to try to get by messing with hammer hardness, hammer sounds, etc., but I could never reach it since it's just a transient effect that the software controls didn't permit creating or changing.  I even tried to produce the effect previously via some of the short-timed delay effects - they seemed to 'pretend' to be hammer attack, when adjusted well, but it still wasn't the same thing.

But this is much better.

Now, even at relatively low velocities, I can almost see the hammer being thrown at the strings in the midrange.  The change seems less evident in the treble, where the notes are 'harder' anyway.  But another area that is improved is the low bass on the full-sized pianos.  It used to be that low bass notes were almost 'turned-on' with the key, without a percussive beginning.  That is no longer the case - they articulate like real low bass piano keys now.

Super job!

- David

I just cannot fathom how can something that was already sublimely great become even better... Yet Modartt constantly manages to do exactly that!

Hard work and guts!

I have some good and bad points with this update.

o From the sound changes in the Steinway D, it has more fundament now, but I don't know whether I like it more or not. Steinway D and Bechstein are now very close...

++ The new Bechstein version now nails it, great, much more like my real Bechstein, so I will buy it now.

o However I have a minor problem that 192kHz is no longer acknowledged with version 6.5.0. The problem with 44.1 kHz is solved as my daughter started Garageband instead of Logic,which only supports and forces 44.1 kHz.

++ And thanks a lot for the German translation.

Last edited by stargator (17-05-2019 11:38)

Sounds great. As Evil Dragon says, it's hard to believe that Pianoteq keeps getting better and better.

No problems here with a 9600 hz rate.

(A small worry, however, that is easily eliminated: In the new version, the U4 upright sounds great, but I'm hearing the Key Release noise (the damper strike noise) and at times the Sustain pedal noise as being a little unnaturally loud. Do they need to be reduced in the default settings? Listen to the Midnight preset, the very first preset, to hear the problem. May have been there in the previous version, but I've replaced that, now, and can't check.)

Last edited by Jake Johnson (16-05-2019 17:48)

Jake Johnson wrote:

Sounds great. As Evil Dragon says, it's hard to believe that Pianoteq keeps getting better and better.

No problems here with a 9600 hz rate.

(A small worry, however, that is easily eliminated: In the new version, the U4 upright sounds great, but I'm hearing the Key Release noise (the damper strike noise) and at times the Sustain pedal noise as being a little unnaturally loud. Do they need to be reduced in the default settings? Listen to the Midnight preset, the very first preset, to hear the problem. May have been there in the previous version, but I've replaced that, now, and can't check.)

Oh yes, on the U4 the keys noise and pedal noise have always been very loud. I set the pedal at -8 to -10 dB and the keys at -6 to -8 dB on this model.

Last edited by stamkorg (16-05-2019 18:04)

EvilDragon wrote:

I just cannot fathom how can something that was already sublimely great become even better... Yet Modartt constantly manages to do exactly that!

Word!

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Just gonna update looking forward to testing it,

Thank you Modartt and Beta teams

Warmest regards,

Chris

P.s. I use Pianoteq every day!

Just downloaded it. Wonderful! Noticeable improvement in both sound and performance! Bless you guys,

Warmest regards,

Chris

Last edited by sigasa (16-05-2019 22:19)

Love it!! Cant stop playing  (good thing no one is here..ha) Thank you Modartt !!

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

OK, here's a bit of a weird concept that I never thought about before:  How are virtual reverb sounds 'recorded' or produced by Pianoteq?  In other words, when there is NO reverb turned on, does this mean that the piano is placed in a wall-less void such that no sounds return to the microphones from the walls and the modeled room?

The reason that I ask is that I realize that the new C Bechstein DG Player fxp sounds darned good with reverb turned ON, more so than I remember in ver 6.4.  I play with speakers next to my upright piano in a smallish room, so I figure that when using Player presets, I should just keep the Reverb turned Off, because my room makes its own reverb.  But does Reverb also count sounds being reflected from the piano's case, and their interactions with each other as well as the room?  That's what the C Bechstein DG Player preset sounds like.  It's much more realistic-sounding with reverb turned On. 

If Reverb for Player presets is programmed to also include the piano's own case reverb, then perhaps I should always have it turned "On".

What is going on, and do you feel so as well?

- David

I found when I wanted to emphasize the inside of a piano  —with versions before this one— an extremely short spring reverb could sound like some sort of cabinet or case enclosure.

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (20-05-2019 17:38)
Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

Any word on CPU consumption. After the increases over the last versions (e.g. 6.4) I am a bit careful when it comes to Pianoteq updates. - same as 6.4 ? heavier on CPU than 6.4? Better than 6.4?

Thanks

It's pretty much the same over here.

Hard work and guts!

I am every day more impressed by Pianoteq! Thanks for the update

EvilDragon wrote:

It's pretty much the same over here.

And here it seems. No trouble with a seven yr old 3770 CPU.

Using ASIO4all v2 I can actually drop the buffer below the manufacturer's ASIO buffer for ludicrously fast response.
I just checked at sample rate 192khz
0.3ms latency from 64 samples audio buffer. 256 polyphony without any issues.

The same with the Creative drivers at 384khz, 384 samples for 1ms latency, zero issues max polyphony. 

Normally I will use the Creative drivers and 48khz. From a performance perspective I cannot tell the difference between 8ms, 1ms and 0.3ms to be honest.

EvilDragon wrote:

Yes indeed! I was surprised and delighted to discover how much of a difference the modified hammer noise makes to the overall sound. Another great leap forward for Pianoteq.

dazric wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Yes indeed! I was surprised and delighted to discover how much of a difference the modified hammer noise makes to the overall sound. Another great leap forward for Pianoteq.

Yes the Bechstein Digital demo sounds better than before. I think I will probably take that as my second sound option next time they have a new product promotion.

The Bechstein DG Player is the one I can’t stop playing.  Just awesome. Not a single note seems off in anyway. Makes the music just flow out of me.

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

Yes, Bechstein DG (along with Steinway D4) has been revoiced, as well as having the benefit of the upgraded hammer noise.

FYI, the KIViR collection has been updated too, right now.

Philippe Guillaume wrote:

Is that going to be in 6.5.1?

dazric wrote:

Is that going to be in 6.5.1?

No, it's available right now, simply download it from the user area, at the bottom of the download page.

Aha, got it, will do that right away!

I love the improved sound,
but what happend to the performance index on arm devices?
I have a pi of 38 with 6.4.1 on my odroid xu4, but with 6.5 it's only 19....

MrRoland wrote:

Part of the sound improvements for v6.5 was a change to the algorithm that is also used to measure for the performance index. Unfortunately, on ARM this was done with a nice assembly routine that was just perfect with the old algorithm, and the new algorithm will be very hard to optimize on ARM as much as the old one.

julien wrote:
MrRoland wrote:

Part of the sound improvements for v6.5 was a change to the algorithm that is also used to measure for the performance index. Unfortunately, on ARM this was done with a nice assembly routine that was just perfect with the old algorithm, and the new algorithm will be very hard to optimize on ARM as much as the old one.

Hi Julien,
Thanks for the clarification.
So this means that the numbers are different, but the performance should be the same?

Also the new way of measuring the pi breaks the auto polyphony
option. I can not even get a polyphony of 30 if set to optimistic. I used to get a polyphony of more than 60... This is really bad now....

Last edited by MrRoland (17-05-2019 20:02)

Wow, absolutely agree with all the positive comments. This is another huge leap in detail and realism - fantastic! Great work once again.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

The Performance index has changed on my Intel platform (CPU N4200) too.

With v6.5.0 it is now 37, was 43 with older versions. Fortunately seems to have no impact on real performance.

One example screenshot playing preset Steinway Model D Prelude:

https://i.postimg.cc/F1SJdXbx/Performance-index-ptq-v650.png

I have not tested the new audio quality of v6.5.0 on C. Bechstein DG thoroughly, but my short first impression is nice!

I wanted to confirm that performance index dropped also on my CPU, from 50 to 46.
However, this is just the sign that something new has been added to the software

Sincerely.

dklein wrote:

the new C Bechstein DG Player fxp sounds darned good with reverb turned ON, more so than I remember in ver 6.4

I think you're definitely noticing something indeed. I've been playing away for weeks in my usual way in ver. 6.4 - but really extra excited today by this update to 6.5.

It's always easy to place more expectations on an already supreme kit but this does seem like the biggest jump in quality to me so far, and reverb is, to me, sounding like a large part of that so far. Maybe it's just a new exciting sizzling EQ on higher velocity notes (hot chords on left hand are so wonderfully separate to even soft melody on right - wow - separation of notes and individual strings alone is a subject) - but boy am I feeling like I'm at an even more realistic piano today.

The reverb is certainly more nicely "glued" somehow - I'm not sure of how to describe it - but something is really nicely lining up in the entire spectrum, so that the reverb feels more organically "in the room" but logically separate! with the strings than 6.4 - brilliant. Hesitant to guess but 'less mud' routines (bottom and top shelved EQ? maybe, smart or responsive matching of overtones  or sub-set, rather than just full spectrum?) and such "seem" in evidence. If not that - I'm thrilled anyhoo.

I'm, honestly, now down to a simple channel strip for recording and it sounds better than all my old setups hands down and even fine with using Pianoteq's reverbs instead of fussing over opera house and studio IR files and settings. (I was delayed in posting a "how to" kind of thing for a DAW setup but some sad losses IRL of loved ones in too close succession - but this update practically brings it down to a simple user choice of "what channel plugin do I like" OR just standalone!) - and in standalone mode I'm ridiculously happy now to just play without wanting any extra super-fuss with a DAW. I no longer want to bother anyone to get a DAW setup - it's good enough now by itself IMO.

That's been the trend-line - but now, today? Done deal. I'm going to be wrong in about a year or so, or the next update but right now, today, Pianoteq is patently the most perfect software piano.

Really - superb improvement. I know it's easy to feel like it's said often but this really does take things closer to a kind of horizon here. What's next? It really blows me away today - esp. the fact I don't feel a need for the chains of plugins I used to want on pretty much any piano sound.

Now, if I want to play a very personalised piano (as a real piano in front of me), it's that much more real - so grateful - and if I want a particular kind of piano sound for a recording, then I'm in luck because there's no shortage of them, all tweakable - and after today, I'm happy to say there's no better tool anywhere for any money. Just awesome.

Proud day for Philippe, Modartt, the team and testers and for genuine lovers of piano - sincerely, thank you again to all concerned for such an intelligent instrument and continuing, thoughtful progress! Again, I say, in the decades in my experience, there is nothing as competent or representing such good value as Pianoteq in the entire software world (not even stretching).

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

I've been playing on PTQ 6.4.1 and PTQ 6.5.0 some time now. What I notice:
1. With 6.5.0, there's a noticeable amount of latency compared to 6.4.1 (my USB-DAC [M-Audio Sonica Theater] runs in both instances on 2.7 ms [MacBook Pro 2,7GHz, i5])
2. The pianos sound less clear/brilliant compared to 6.4.1 (for instance Steinway D prelude; the instrument I play the most).

I made a recording of both.
6.4.1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F5zO7...osZwRBY9yS
6.5.0: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jLBDJ...126_LULyIH
On the recording, this artefact is less noticeable than when I play it myself.

Is this something others notice as well?

Last edited by Viridis (18-05-2019 19:06)
Have a nice day & happy playin'

Yamaha CP33 -- Scarlett 2i2 -- Yamaha HS7 / Sennheiser HD650 -- PTQ 7 Std [Linux/OSX] -- Some instruments

Heya Viridis, thanks for those files - I like the piece and the room ambience is refreshing to hear BTW.

Latency is not increased here in all my usual uses (although I have not done any kind of stress test).

Of the 2 recordings, my subjective preference is for the 6.5 version because it seems to have a slightly lessened velocity (more overall room for performance to flesh out tones), better dynamics and overall headroom. I think you could get a more 6.4 sound just by increasing your velocity curve a little, if that's the brightness you want.. otherwise, give it some hours, days or weeks. Notice, brightness still arrives - but with higher velocities - to me, this is way more realistic - and will also mean that default velocity curve will probably give better results to new users who haven't worked on their own velo curve yet (which I love)..

Specifics:

6.4 recording feels (subjectively) tumultuous - bright beyond requirement, to my ear on first pass. Too harsh. Want to turn my normal volume down a little.

6.5 recording feels instantly less inside the head (earphones) and more 'in room' like a real audio recording of piano - more dynamic range. Less of a sense of "ouch", and maybe even "Hmm, sounds nice enough to turn up the volume here". More depth overall.

I've noticed often over the years, people will prefer what they are used to to an extent (and sometimes we all can have good reason to want an unchanged Pianoteq for a recording or an instrument on a track in a DAW which is altered by an upgraded), until a version jump or two, when by that time, it's too obvious that improvement has leap-frogged their supposition that X piano was nicer in some way (barring tweaking).

I spent some good time playing the Bluethner after the upgrade (which used to get comments about being better in many earlier variants) today and to me, it's really miles beyond where it was in the past - and it can, and other pianos too, be made much softer, brighter or more wooded by some slight adjustments without losing that certain something we love about them.

Don't give up on your velocity curve, or even the dynamic slider and so on - to my ear, the difference you wonder about may easily be accommodated by a few very slight alterations, so that you have the very same overall effect of 6.4 which you may prefer - but with the much increased definition provided in 6.5

Guess I'm saying, in the end, don't fear the new detail and range - but factor it in and I'm 100% certain that in time you'll be glad of the updated detail and headroom etc. That's just the way I see it each update.

Hope that makes sense - happy playing to you

I like to say, Viridis, your second (2nd) recording, sounds more fluid than your first, and thusly more natural than the other in the comparison of yours.  In that, the first (1st) is noticeably artificial.

I'm sugar coating nothing!

Last edited by Amen Ptah Ra (19-05-2019 15:32)
Pianoteq 8 Studio Bundle, Pearl malletSTATION EM1, Roland (DRUM SOUND MODULE TD-30, HandSonic 10, AX-1), Akai EWI USB, Yamaha DIGITAL PIANO P-95, M-Audio STUDIOPHILE BX5, Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

I hope you don't mind, but I need to say that if such welcome little (in the good way) update made so much people happy, it worth to be displayed on pianoteq website in the News section and in the Main Page, and not just in the so hidden Change History :

https://www.pianoteq.com/changelog

If more people notice something was changed for better, maybe some more people decide to buy it.

But I don't understand one detail. If the algorithm was changed, to create a better and more natural attack, why the Change History says this was due changes in the hammer noise, if such noises in pianoteq are sample recordings and not modelled itself ?

"Version 6
6.5.0 (2019/05/15)
-Improvement of hammer noise model in all instruments, providing more edge to the attacks."

Last edited by Beto-Music (18-05-2019 20:32)

The biggest show stopper is the increased delay.
I installed the standard edition of 5.5.0 (trial), and there, I don't notice the delay. Even with 10.7 ms latency, the delay is acceptable.
With stage (purchased) the delay is noticeable at 2.7 ms latency and unbearable at 10.7 ms latency.
How comes that there's a noticeable difference in delay between stage and standard?

With respect to the changed instrument sound, I think you (Qexl and Amen Ptah Ra) are right: I have to get used to it and maybe change a few settings. (b.t.w. on the recordings, I was not playing myself (I wish I could). It was a midi-file).

Have a nice day & happy playin'

Yamaha CP33 -- Scarlett 2i2 -- Yamaha HS7 / Sennheiser HD650 -- PTQ 7 Std [Linux/OSX] -- Some instruments

Beto-Music wrote:

why the Change History says this was due changes in the hammer noise, if such noises in pianoteq are sample recordings and not modelled itself ?

Maybe they are actually modelled now?

Hard work and guts!

Good thinking Beto-Music.

Pianoteq is really very modest, in a good way (not unduly blowing their own horn, so to speak) - maybe they're waiting a few days in case of bugs.

In any case, this update does seem rather like an upgrade which probably deserves a bit of a trumpeting

I don't know any details about the inner workings of the update, but it really sounds like much more than simply hammers are improved - like the whole model hangs better in regards to the sum of the parts. Makes for very compelling playing and I'm happy that it's solid and - have to say it - pedals again feel like they work better too.

@Viridis, well I liked the music and am sure you'll play it well some day soon.

Regarding ms latency, I'm not a fan of USB to USB MIDI connections - but that's where I'd swap out for something like an M-Audio MIDI to USB cable.. if that's relevant to your setup. I find improved latency when I just plug old MIDI outs to USB into the PC (sometimes the extra baggage built into the USB to USB to carry audio and etc. can poll for keyboard audio out data or who knows what other things - and maybe Mac doesn't "drop" this stream but keeps buffering it or whatever other oddities). This is not fail-safe, and some people swear it's no problem - but I've never really had a good USB to USB connection (within 5 or 7ms worse). So, for a few $s, you might gain some advantage that way.. or if your keyboard has something like "local MIDI" switch or setting, it might disable "attempting" to send audio over the USB cable..

Other things to try, maybe if you use a DAW, in it's settings, find something like "re-scan" plugins - this will update old data with the new Pianoteq profile

(my latency here has seemingly tested OK - same as 6.4 so far).

If I find higher latency in my DAW setup in the next day or so under stress, I'll post back here.. at least that may rule out the above paras. So far though, my latency in standalone is unchanged. Cheers V.

[edit to add]:

@EvilDragon - that would be awesome to know - but sounds that way to me for sure - so good.

Last edited by Qexl (18-05-2019 21:05)

Viridis wrote:

The biggest show stopper is the increased delay.
I installed the standard edition of 5.5.0 (trial), and there, I don't notice the delay. Even with 10.7 ms latency, the delay is acceptable.
With stage (purchased) the delay is noticeable at 2.7 ms latency and unbearable at 10.7 ms latency.
How comes that there's a noticeable difference in delay between stage and standard?

With respect to the changed instrument sound, I think you (Qexl and Amen Ptah Ra) are right: I have to get used to it and maybe change a few settings. (b.t.w. on the recordings, I was not playing myself (I wish I could). It was a midi-file).

I compared Pro and Stage standalone and the latency is identical with the same Device settings. Using inside a DAW may increase the latency. Did you compare the same versions (both standalone or both vst)?

I know you are almost a insider       (kidding on you) ...

But Philippe once told me that to complete mathematically model all the noises would take much extra CPU usage and would also take some good reprograming.

Maybe the sound samples for noises got better versions, and we must presume that the noises, depite not modelled from scratch was probably "modelled" (altered) by advanced digital filters. Maybe the way this filters are applied are better now, and more corresponding to the piano living interaction and so creating the more organic attacks we have now.
I reccomend to run a good MIDI of Clair de La Lune to get a good idea of the improovement.

EvilDragon wrote:
Beto-Music wrote:

why the Change History says this was due changes in the hammer noise, if such noises in pianoteq are sample recordings and not modelled itself ?

Maybe they are actually modelled now?

String resonance was also upgraded. Revoicing was just for Steinway D and Bechstein DG

"-Improvement of hammer noise model in all instruments, providing more edge to the attacks.
-Small improvement of the string resonances in all instruments.
-Revoicing of Steinway D and Bechstein DG grand pianos."

https://www.pianoteq.com/changelog

Qexl wrote:

Good thinking Beto-Music.

Pianoteq is really very modest, in a good way (not unduly blowing their own horn, so to speak) - maybe they're waiting a few days in case of bugs.

In any case, this update does seem rather like an upgrade which probably deserves a bit of a trumpeting

I don't know any details about the inner workings of the update, but it really sounds like much more than simply hammers are improved - like the whole model hangs better in regards to the sum of the parts. Makes for very compelling playing and I'm happy that it's solid and - have to say it - pedals again feel like they work better too.

Last edited by Beto-Music (19-05-2019 00:27)

I agree with Qexl, 6.5.0 feels like a significant upgrade. Modartt are being unduly modest in confining the announcement to an entry in the changelog!

Qexl wrote:

Regarding ms latency, I'm not a fan of USB to USB MIDI connections - but that's where I'd swap out for something like an M-Audio MIDI to USB cable.. if that's relevant to your setup. I find improved latency when I just plug old MIDI outs to USB into the PC (sometimes the extra baggage built into the USB to USB to carry audio and etc. can poll for keyboard audio out data or who knows what other things - and maybe Mac doesn't "drop" this stream but keeps buffering it or whatever other oddities). This is not fail-safe, and some people swear it's no problem - but I've never really had a good USB to USB connection (within 5 or 7ms worse). So, for a few $s, you might gain some advantage that way.. or if your keyboard has something like "local MIDI" switch or setting, it might disable "attempting" to send audio over the USB cable..

Other things to try, maybe if you use a DAW, in it's settings, find something like "re-scan" plugins - this will update old data with the new Pianoteq profile

(my latency here has seemingly tested OK - same as 6.4 so far).

Hi Qexl,
See post 16. That's all USB to USB on a PC. Your mileage may vary as they say.

I depressed the 'x' key on my alpha-numeric keyboard and got a grin on my face and a gleam in my eye, as I had just saw my windows popped immediately into place!

Man, am I now livin' the life!

I spent hours playing with 6.5
Here are a few observations (all very subjective of course).
The differences with previous versions are both subtle...and definitive! The overall effect is a bit like an Aural exciter, a "sizzle" that makes the sounds come alive.
Most likely due to the increased sharpness of attacks as the release notes indicate. But this seems insufficient to describe the cheer pleasure of playing that this new version brings. As others have pointed out , I felt completely drawn in, playing and playing. NO EAR FATIGUE. The sounds sit in space naturally. One very striking thing for me: playing with the sustain pedal down now has a clarity I never found before...anybody else noticed that?

As with previous new releases, I was worried that I would have to rework my presets. Amazingly, most of them sound great, improved, the exception being Bluethner (which already was a wild boy with much sizzle, so now needs to be tamed a bit). Steinway D and Bechstein DG are better than ever.

I also checked out the new version of KIVir instruments  The Erard comes to life, a revelation for me who used to think "interesting...but it's not for me". Rich tones, so expressive. Try it with a well tempered tuning: fantastic! I wish I could say the same for the Pleyel, still doesn't work for me (although I have never played a real one, only heard recordings). I am pretty sure Modartt will eventually rework it for the better.

In a nutshell: 6.5, for me, sounds wonderful, a very significant improvement.

PT 7.3 with Steinway B and D, U4 upright, YC5, Bechstein DG, Steingraeber, Ant. Petrov, Kremsegg Collection #2, Electric Pianos and Hohner Collection. http://antoinewcaron.com

I'm wondering how often Modartt updates the mp3 files from audio demos in pianoteq website.
If the emulated piano sound now have quite richer attacks the mp3 files for all pianos should be updated.

Last edited by Beto-Music (20-05-2019 16:07)

Beto-Music wrote:

I'm wondering how often Modartt updates the mp3 files from audio demos in pianoteq website.
If the emulated piano sound now have quite richer attacks the mp3 files for all pianos should be updated.

Agreed with this 100%.

Hard work and guts!

Viridis wrote:

I've a comparison of the changed instrument sound, only from Pianoteq v5 to Pianoteq v6.5 this new version (including the few preset settings changes I made):

1. Autumn Nocturnal v5, https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads....282%29.mp3

2. Autumn Nocturnal v6.5, https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/uploads....281%29.mp3

1. Autumn Nocturnal v5, https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/file/5zr7vqse

2. Autumn Nocturnal v6.5, https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/file/akxcg9h

Recent changes are sweeping to me; I mean since I can dial er slide in parameter adjustments from a much broadened and improved basis, because of better string resonance and edgier attacks, I got some newly added piano properties, the sum of which now amounts to far reaching tweaks from me, indeed.

Admittedly, Viridis, I too have a confession to make, the MIDI file of Autumn Nocturnal ain't me.  It's from a performance of Miles Black that is available (along with others from the widely known jazz pianist) at the PG Music website: https://www.pgmusic.com/modernjazz.win.htm.

Beto-Music wrote:

Steinway D and C. Bechstein DG demos have been updated (as well as usually all demos related to a piano that has been marked revoiced in the change log).

Beto-Music wrote:

Steinway D and C. Bechstein DG demos have been updated (as well as usually all demos related to a piano that has been marked revoiced in the change log).

I wasn’t part of the 6.5 beta, so congrats to the guys who were. Great job indeed.

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Fine work, but so amazing ...