Topic: It takes several key presses to wake up Pianoteq (after a 5min pause)

Hi, i just recently got onboard with Pianoteq and love the sound and response, amazing after using sample based progs for ever . Anyway, cutting to my issue: I used to use NI Alicia Keys as my sample based prog which I play from a Classenti P1 full sized (mother) keyboard. I usually leave it on 24/7 and when it hadn't been played for a period (1/2 the day) it would usually take one silent key press to wake up the sound, now i've changed my prog to Piano teq it takes about 5 or 6 silent key presses to waken it after just 10 or 20 mins of no playing. I use full sloped velocity as i want very quite and loud, but i'm not playing it too softly when i try and waken the sound again.
  Either way im interested in any suggestions as to where I should maybe looking to manage this situation ?

Thanks Sean Jackson

Last edited by seanjackson (05-06-2016 20:56)

Re: It takes several key presses to wake up Pianoteq (after a 5min pause)

Well, posting some additional information such as what OS you are using, whether you are using a desktop computer or a laptop (which might indicate whether you have battery-power saving features enabled), and which associated software, etc., might help.

I use Pianoteq on a Linux based desktop computer, and I don't have the issue you mention. If I suspend the computer (I believe that it saves the state to RAM) and then wake it later (even hours later) with a press of a key on the computer keyboard, Pianoteq's Options--> Devices dialog usually opens, where I can specify the audio and MIDI connections, and then I can immediately play the MIDI keyboard again.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: It takes several key presses to wake up Pianoteq (after a 5min pause)

OK yes my OS is good old XP on a Dell desktop running aroundt 2.4ghz dual core with 4 gig ram with an M Audio Audiphile midi/sound card with a low CPU reading. I should say i have several PC's around the house tasked with other music based functions so have good experience getting machines running lean and singularly tasked. My power saving  is not used and set to always on and so is the hard drive.  'll continue to troubleshoot and see what occurs, it's annoying and takes a lot of key presses to activate after a break. This PC has provided 24/7 service to the same keyboard and a different piano prog for the last 4 years and i've not seen the issue before,  but hopefully i'll solve it.

Sean

Update - turns out it was my active monitor speakers in 'rest' mode cutting off the audio after 5 minutes  of no use (signal). There was probably a decibel drop somewhere within the new Pianteq/sound card setup that made retriggering them a bit of an effort. A new expensive Roland midi lead was also  a marked improvement over the very budget one I used to own too

Sean

Last edited by seanjackson (12-06-2016 20:17)