Topic: Why is Model B so much better than the other pianos?

Would like to know what makes the new Model B so detailed, so playful, so well balanced? Which aspects of software development made this possible?

Pianoteq 8 Pro Studio with Classical Guitar and Organteq 2

Re: Why is Model B so much better than the other pianos?

Model-B it's the lastest piano model of pianoteq, using the latest advancements in physical modelling. It gives a example of what is coming in very near future, in terms of quality and realism.
The older piano models are good but didn't got updated yet to implement the latest advancements used in model B.
That's why model-B it's the more realistic of all.

Thanks, B-M.

Here's some more information, from the Pianoworld forum (slobajudge):

- I am the one who praised samples compare to sound of Pianoteq in the past, but after Steinway B I must have changed my ears or something is wrong. At the moment, I really think that only pianos that sound better than Pianoteq b and have great playbility are VSL Vienna and Garritan CFX. Ravenscroft is close but goes under Pianoteq B. I play them everyday, beside mine I bring lots of other ears and the results are close for all of us. Right now, I say go for these 3 top piano instruments and forget others, except if you want something special, like movies, or jazz and classic balads for pure vintage enjoyment, and then plus Piano in blue and Fluffy My piano.
- Personally, I use only the newest Steinway B prelude with default settings (model B is way ahead from all others Pianoteq pianos, IMHO), external reverbe (internal off), and velocity tweak that I feel the best for my keyboard, and I like that way very much. If Modartt put in version 6 the difference as they put from 4 to 5 version, then I think that the sample pianos go to history, at least as a solo intrument.

The Pianoteq Model B has become my new favorite piano as well. It seems very finely and accurately detailed, and the tone is beautiful.

At any rate, thank you very much to the Pianoteq developers for creating such a wonderful piano in the Model B.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (27-04-2016 20:20)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

the model B is indeed lovely, but if you're into 19th and 18th century repertoire and haven't explored the various historic piano offerings then you're seriously missing out imho...

Matthieu 7:6

For a few weeks I made some minor changes in the Pianoteq Model B from time to time, but those are now fewer and further between, and I have absolutely fallen in love (so to speak) with the lush, beautiful sound of the Model B. I play it about 90 percent of the time now, and the new Ruckers II harpsichord most of the remaining time.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

I agree, the Model B Player is my piano for the moment, very nice