Topic: Sound

Hi I just wanted to ask a quick question. If using pianoteq through a digital piano, is it possible to play the sounds through the speakers of the piano, or is it necessary to hook up separate speakers/amp? Thanks a lot for any replies.

Re: Sound

You can do that, yes. You will need to disable local control on your digital piano, and route the audio outputs from your computer to audio inputs of the digital piano.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

You can do that, yes. You will need to disable local control on your digital piano, and route the audio outputs from your computer to audio inputs of the digital piano.

Hey there thank you so much for that. I have a Yamaha clavinova CLP 585 so is it definitely possible with that instrument? Thank you once again for your kind help. Steven

Yes, you would need to connect your computer's audio outputs to AUX IN of your Clavinova. It needs to be a stereo mini banana plug on one side (goes into AUX IN) and on the other side, well, that depends on your computer's audio output - are you using a dedicated audio interface?

Then, go to System Menu, MIDI, then set Local Control to Off. This will disable Clavinova's tone generator.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Yes, you would need to connect your computer's audio outputs to AUX IN of your Clavinova. It needs to be a stereo mini banana plug on one side (goes into AUX IN) and on the other side, well, that depends on your computer's audio output - are you using a dedicated audio interface?

Then, go to System Menu, MIDI, then set Local Control to Off. This will disable Clavinova's tone generator.

Hi there thanks for that. I'm just going to use a standard HP laptop running on Windows 10. I'm not the best with all this technology and not sure which other equipment I would need to be honest, but really want to try a modelled sound for more realistic resonance and overtones. I haven't purchased a pianoteq subscription yet as I'm really unsure how to set it up and if it would work through my piano speakers (which you have already very kindly answered). Thanks so much, Steven