Topic: Confused about what you get with a new purchase

Hello there fellow users, new to the forum.I was playing the demo version and convinced about the quality off course.So I would like to know not the differences that pianoteq puts in the comparison chart of the versions but what pianos do I get when I buy a single license of stage or standard because the demo had all the sounds.
Also when I have the option on the next page for selecting a sound to buy means that for example if I select piano I am going to have only acoustic pianos and need to purchase the rhodes and mallets and so on?
If I buy the standard, the extra money goes to the unlocking of the parameters only or it has extra sounds?

Re: Confused about what you get with a new purchase

As far as the capabilities of the program itself goes, you have the Stage and Std demo versions to check out how these differ. There is no Pro demo version, but basically it has all the Std tweaks but you can apply them note-by-note. In addition you can also edit all the harmonics of each note (not just the first eight: this is very powerful for creating your own unique instruments). There is also a very good user friendly interface for quickly editing note-by-note.

As far as instruments go, after you buy Ptq, you will still have access to all the instruments but the demo-mode limitation (20 min timeout, few disabled notes) will apply to any instruments that you did not purchase (or get included with your Ptq purchase: read on).

When you buy Pianoteq (any version), you can choose to have either the D4 & K2 acoustics, or the electrics: R2, W1 and Hohners. If you play electrics as well as acoustics, then the electric bundle + one of your fave acoustics (or maybe a historical set, e.g. Kremsegg 2) bought separately will probably be the best value overall. You also get a bunch of free instruments: the KIViR historicals and legacy instruments (i.e., older models no longer sold, available after your Ptq purchase).

Last edited by SteveLy (24-04-2016 09:23)
3/2 = 5

Hello Mr. Silentman,

DISCLAIMER:  Please note that I am NOT employed by Modartt.  I am a satisfied musician who plays Pianoteq at home more than my own acoustic piano. (Ask my wife: she will confirm this!)  As of the past five+ years I have furnished virtual piano demos, free of charge,  exclusively with Pianoteq.  Although I own the PRO version, all of my demo recordings you hear on the website use the stock presets which are available with Stage and Standard Pianoteq versions. (Some of the stock presets you hear ... were developed through the PRO version, but were converted to stock presets by Modartt.)

Everyone I know who purchased the Stage version has either regretted not purchasing the Standard version -- OR -- has upgraded to the Standard version.   The difference to consider now is whether you just want to "get started" with Pianoteq, or whether you wish to "dig in"
and start modifying some of the parameters.  There is no monetary difference in buying Standard outright, or buying the Stage version and upgrading to Standard at some later time.  Restated, the Standard version costs $190USD more than the Stage version, and the upgrade price is also $190USD.

Speaking from experience, the price of the Pianoteq Standard version was cheaper than either Synthogy's or East West Quantum Leap's or Blüthner Digital Model One (BDMO) initial purchases, and in the latter three purchases I have wiped literally 200+ Gigabytes hard drive space to make room for other projects.  (I no longer have any sampled piano libraries on my computer ... Pianoteq is all I want and almost more than I need.)

Hope this helps,

Joe

Thank you for your answers, if the stage version has these great presets, I have no problem stay with it and buy the expansion electric and mallets libraries than have to dig into the beautiful world of Pianoteq customization at this point. I will definitely upgrade in the future as I think even from the demos that THIS is the perfect solution to play on an instrument and not a sample playback engine.
I have played all Kontakt Pianos and although I am listening to good samples per note or great instruments in character, I don't feel that I play the real thing.
The only digital piano that I would put against Pianoteq would be Physis H series that also have physical modelling on their pianos.
Right now in matters of cost the lower 73 light graded action model costs 990 euros on Thomann, so Pianoteq is still much less expensive.Even the PRO version.

I agree that the Stage is a good one to start with and it may be all you need. You can always upgrade later to Std or Pro if you want.

PS. One further drawback of the Stage version (even if you don't want to tweak things) is that you cannot load most custom presets created by others (see FXP Corner):

"In Pianoteq STAGE, preset loading is limited to parameters that are present in the interface. Presets built with Pianoteq PRO can be loaded in Pianoteq Standard without limitation."

3/2 = 5