Topic: External Controller settings not saved...

New user of Pianoteq here. Hello everyone!

Okay I am controlling PT5 with a Keylab 88 that has assignable sliders. Slider 1 is assinged to CC 7 volume.

Now in PT5 I select the midi learn (right click on the volume slider - and select MIDI (assign midi event), so far so good. I move the slider on the KL88 and PT5 sees it as CC 7 and all worls nicely. I then save this as a user preset.

Now, when I re-load that user preset at a later time, the volume controller link is not there and indeed does not work. Same goes for any of the other external controller related settings.

Can anyone advise if this is a know issue with PT5, or if not, how do you get these settings to "stick"?

Thanks

Re: External Controller settings not saved...

When you use MIDI-learn, notice the message "MIDI mapping (unsaved!)" appearing at the bottom right corner of the GUI. This alerts you to open Options/MIDI where you'll find your unsaved modified MIDI mapping. Save it, optionally attaching it to the current preset. If you do that, it will be recalled next time you use that preset, or you can load it anytime by its name.

MIDI mappings are stored separately from presets in a directory named MidiMappings as files with extension .ptm

Last edited by Gilles (21-04-2016 21:03)

YES!!

Cool, thanks for that.

NO!!

Still does not recall this even when the setting is saved when I load the plugin at a later date. Just tried it this morning, loaded the previously saved setup and nope, the volume control does nto get re-loaded, even if I (after loading) I then manually select the saved user preset. The other settings do, like Dynamics for example...but this volume control link does not

Seems to work fine here...

Hard work and guts!

hmmm.... well it is not working here...are you using standalone or VST?

Last edited by pax-eterna (22-04-2016 21:32)

I use both and it works fine in both. CC7 moves the Volume parameter, just like any other CC assignments works...

Did you set your MIDI mapping preset as default? You should do that.

Last edited by EvilDragon (22-04-2016 21:59)
Hard work and guts!

okay, that did it.
Thanks